Last updated on June 1st, 2018 at 12:12 pm
One Pot Fettuccine with Beef Ragu – nothing says comfort food like a big bowl of meaty and delicious pasta. This fettuccine is cooked in a hearty beef sauce making for a quick and easy dinner.
This kind of dish brings me back to the days when I used to be single, living by myself right next door to my sister. We each owned our own house, but they were attached, kind of like townhouses. It was ideal for us, we’d always been close so this was perfect, living right next door to each other. Those were the days when I didn’t cook much, mostly because I worked all day long and commuted for a couple hours every single day which didn’t leave me much time for cooking. However, living right next door to my sister, I used to go there for dinner quite often, and her specialty was spaghetti with a delicious beef ragu. But the kicker my friends, is we wouldn’t add Parmesan cheese to it, we loved to add feta cheese and lots of it. It was our thing. Our comfort food! One big bowl of this beef ragu with spaghetti and feta cheese was all we needed to forget about our long days and troubles and just relax.
But now that I’m all grown up, ahem, I make my own beef ragu, all in one pot might I add. I may not commute for 2 hours every day, but my days are still jam packed so I love one pot dishes, especially quick ones. Hence my cookbook, 30 Minute One Pot Meals, coming up in August, 2016. Ha! Love how I did that!
No, but seriously, nothing beats one pot meals. I mean who doesn’t want less cleanup! I know I do! So here comes this delicious and hearty fettuccine with beef ragu. Super easy to make. Start by cooking some ground beef, add some veggies like onions, carrots and celery. Then you add garlic of course, I hardly make anything without garlic. A bit of oregano, and I used fresh oregano here, I just love the smell of it.
The liquids go in next, a bit of red wine, some beef broth and lots of vegetable broth, and some tomato sauce. Add the pasta and cook for 20 minutes. You’ll have to stir a bit occasionally, to make sure the noodles don’t stick together, but really that’s pretty much all there is to this dish.
I had a few taste testers for this, my guys downstairs who are working hard on finishing my basement, my friend and my husband and they all loved it. Now I served this with Parmesan cheese, but if you want to be different, try this with some feta cheese, you’ll see what I mean. It’s good! Trust me!
Try these recipes for more awesome one pot dinners!
Mangia Bene! That means good eats, so let’s eat!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
One Pot Fettuccine with Beef Ragu
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta uncooked
- 3 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Add the ground beef to a large saucepan or a Dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Add the minced garlic, oregano, red whine, beef broth, crushed tomatoes and stir. Season with salt and pepper as necessary. Add the fettuccine or spaghetti, the vegetable broth and cook for about 20 minutes or until the pasta is al dente or to your liking. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, and serve.