Last updated on January 9th, 2017 at 06:02 pm
This post is brought to you by Tenderflake®.
You’re going to love these peanut butter mini tarts, topped with whipped cream, a rolo on top and made with Tenderflake® Mini Tart Shells resulting in flaky and delicious mini morsels. These will be your next favorite dessert! But guess what? You can use Tenderflake’s regular tart shells or the mini tar shells I ended up using here, which I totally adore, cuteness overload! You have choices, people!
Guess what else? They’re so easy to use, all you have to do is bake them for 10 minutes and then you can fill them with your favorite fillings. Seriously, the possibilities are endless! I’ve been using Tenderflake® for years now, actually at the risk of revealing my age, even decades. I love all their products, because I know I’ll always end up with something delicious.
I have to tell you that I’m pretty much obsessed with mini desserts, like mini cheesecakes or these peanut butter tart shells. What’s not to love about a sinful bite of buttery, rich, and sweet dessert. These tart shells are perfect for when you’re pressed for time, and let’s face we’re pretty much always pressed for time. It’ll take you 5 minutes to make the peanut butter filling and pipe it into these mini tart shells. You don’t even need a piping bag, I just used a ziploc bag, or you don’t even have to bother with that, just spoon the filling into these babies.
To make these morsels even more sinful I topped them with a bit more whipped cream and then a giant rolo on top, cause that’s just how I roll. They’re buttery, creamy, flaky thanks to the tart shells, so good you won’t be able to stop at just one. I know I didn’t! They’re blow your mind, kind of good.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Peanut Butter Mini Tarts with Rolos
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.
- Thaw out the tart shells for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the tart shells on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Let cool completely.
- In the mean time, whisk together the peanut butter, cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in 1 cup of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until well incorporated.
- Spoon the peanut butter mixture into a ziploc bag. Squeeze the mixture to the bottom of the bag, twist the bag and cut across the bottom of the bag to create the frosting top.
- Remove the aluminum pie tins from the mini tart shells, this step is optional, you can serve them with the aluminum tins on.
- Pipe the peanut butter mixture into each mini tart shell. Top with a tbsp of whipped cream and a rolo on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.