Turkey Breast in Fire Roasted Tomato and Basil Sauce – succulent pieces of turkey breast in a creamy fire roasted tomato, basil and garlic sauce, incredibly delicious!
I really think I do not cook with turkey enough, and I should, I really should, because turkey breast is amazing, it’s lean, delicious and so easy to cook. Take this dish for example, a handful of ingredients yet such incredible flavor and not to mention healthy. Another one of my latest favorite ingredients that I really just started cooking with this year are fire roasted tomatoes. They’re fresh tomatoes charred over an open fire with a smoky depth to them, so full of rich flavor.
This fire roasted tomatoes and basil sauce is crazy simple, only 4 ingredients but you cannot imagine how good it is. But look at that rich color of the sauce, that’s all thanks to the fire roasted tomatoes. To make the sauce all you need to do is in the same skillet where you cooked the turkey breast, add the garlic and half of that fresh basil, and cook for about a minute just until you start smelling the garlic and basil, then add the fire roasted tomatoes and heavy cream. Season with a bit of salt and pepper if needed, add the turkey back to the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes.
You will love this, it’s such a simple meal but so full of delicious flavor. You can serve this over rice or pasta, but the way I served it is just like that on its own, with some fresh crusty bread, and use the bread to dip in that stunning sauce. Simple but so good.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Turkey Breast in Fire Roasted Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb turkey breast cut in long strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 8 leaves basil chopped
- 15 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 125 mL
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the turkey breast with salt and pepper on both sides. Add the turkey pieces to the skillet and cook on both sides for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove turkey from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the fire roasted tomatoes in a blender or a food processor and pulse a few times until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the garlic and half the chopped basil to the skillet and fry for 1 minutes until the garlic becomes aromatic.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes and heavy cream to the skillet, stir and taste for seasoning, adjust as necessary.
- Add the turkey back to the skillet and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining basil and serve over rice or pasta.
- Chicken breast can be used instead of turkey breast.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.