I have a naughty cake for you! Well the name is naughty but the cake is crazy awesome!
When Penny, a reader, sent me this recipe I just knew I had to make it. How could I not? With a name like better than sex cake, I knew I had to make it and see how it would compare to sex in a pan. I just had to, cause that’s just how I roll!
So I did, and although I’m giving you the full recipe here, don’t pay attention to my 8×8 glass pan you see in the picture because the hand model told me to only make a little bit since there are only 2 of us and we’re not going to eat all that cake. Well that’s the last time I’ll listen to him! Now I have to fight him for that cake because every chance he gets he goes to the fridge and steals a bite or two. There’s not much left, oh how I wish I made the whole thing. So please if you make this, please make the whole thing, because you will thank me.
First of all you cannot go wrong with chocolate cake. But then when you soak it with sweetened condensed milk and caramel ice cream topping, well magic happens. And then you go ahead and are even naughtier by adding some cool whip and sprinkling some chopped nuts and toffee bits on top, well then you’ve just gone overboard and turned this cake into a super star.
While it may not look like much in the pictures and you may say to yourself that it looks pretty boring, this cake will fool you. When you take a bite you will be hooked and I dare you to eat only one slice. You’ll probably take the whole pan, grab a fork and gobble the whole thing down. Although I strongly don’t recommend you do that, you might get a tummy ache. But I do recommend you make this cake, now, PRONTO! Run to the kitchen, I’m pretty sure you have these ingredients. Did I mention the chocolate cake came from a box? Yeah! That’s what’s awesome about this cake!
Thank you Penny! Hugs and kisses!
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (any brad will do, I used Duncan Hines)
- ½ small can sweetened condensed milk (1 can is 14 oz, so use about 7 oz)
- 1 jar of caramel ice cream topping (I used Smuckers caramel syrup)
- 1 8 oz container cool whip (whipped topping)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup toffee bits (I used Skor bits)
- Bake the cake according to the instructions on the box. Note you will need additional ingredients, for example, eggs, water/milk, oil to make the cake.
- Let the cake cool completely and poke holes about 1 inch apart using the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the condensed milk into the holes of the cake. Pour the caramel topping over the cake and spread evenly.
- Spread the cool whip over the caramel topping then sprinkle with the chopped pecans and toffee bits.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or so then serve.