Today’s recipe is a simple one. I love simple recipes.
Sometimes you may have a sweet tooth but don’t want to do too much work, well this simple banana cake is perfect for times like that. With simple recipes like this you can’t go wrong. This is a delicious banana cake and to fancy mine up I sprinkled it with powdered sugar and drizzled some chocolate sauce over it.
I love this cake, and I always have bananas on hand that go too ripe before we get a chance to eat them. This cake is the perfect alternative to your regular banana breads and it looks fancier, it looks like you actually slaved in the kitchen over it.
I realized I forgot to take pictures of the entire cake so to make up for it, I’m including a picture of my girl here. Look at that face, too adorable.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 4 (1/2 stick) tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder together until well combined.
- Use a fork to mash the bananas. Mash well, do not leave chunks. Do not use a mixer.
- In a medium size bowl, combine mashed bananas, cream, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in banana mixture. Mix in the flour so that it is gradually incorporated into banana mixture. It will be thick.
- Grease a 9-inch (1½ inches deep) cake pan and pour in cake mixture. Spread evenly.
- Bake on middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.