12 days of Christmas continues at Jo Cooks with day 2 featuring my favorite Christmas cookies, these delicious chocolate pecan snowballs. I thought it was only fair that today I share with you my favorite when yesterday I shared my husband’s favorite cookies.
Let me start by saying these cookies I’m sharing the recipes with you here are extremely popular. I wouldn’t share them if they didn’t pass the taste test. I took a big container of all the cookies I made to work and they were all gone fairly quickly. Now I like these cookies because of the pecans, I love any cookie with pecans. I’d say the cookies on Day 1 are my favorite too, but honestly I only got to try one because you know who ate them all, but these ones I had more than one. So I know they’re good. Really good. Pecans and chocolate, how can you go wrong?
And then look how cute they look, like little snowballs, like the ones I throw at my dog, alright maybe a smaller version but still they look adorable. Speaking of snow, did I tell you we have plenty of that here? And for some reason it keeps snowing everyday. I don’t understand. Go snow somewhere else where they don’t have snow. I’d be happy with just these adorable snowballs, seriously that’s all I need. None of the real stuff!
I promise I’ll get you back on a diet once the holidays are over, so bear with me in the mean time. Eat cookies! It’s all good!
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (or any of your favorite nuts)
- 1 cup (6 oz) chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Add butter and sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix them together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; stir into butter mixture. Fold in nuts and chips. Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool cookies slightly before rolling in confectioners' sugar.