I’m just wondering how much monkey bread one could eat before one goes into sugar overload? Not that I’d want you to, just wondering.
I know I can eat quite a bit. Especially because this orange monkey bread it’s so damn good. It’s sticky just like I like it, sweet and orangey, it’s perfect for all kids out there. And adults. This is not a dessert for kids only, it’s for all sugar lovers out there, no matter the age. But you don’t have to take my word for it, you have to try making this monkey bread.
I was looking up where the name monkey bread came from and apparently it originated in the US, and this sticky gooey monkey bread goes by many names.
Sticky bread, monkey puzzle bread, monkey brains, bubble loaf, pluck-it cake, I think I kind of like the last one. LOL
I think all the names are great and funny and so appropriate for this funny looking sticky bread. Now you know I can’t leave you without a couple orange jokes, come on be silly with me.
Q. Why did the girl stare at the carton of orange juice?
A. It said Concentrate!
Q. What does an orange sweat?
A. Orange juice!
Do you think I need to grow up? Nope, didn’t think so.
- 2 cans (7.5 Ounces Each)Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits, cold
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 whole orange, zested
- juice from one orange
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Open all the cans of biscuits and each biscuit into quarters. Fill a large Ziploc bag with the white sugar, the orange zest, and the dash of salt. Seal the bag and shake it until the zest and the sugar are totally combined. Add the biscuit pieces to the bag, seal it and shake it around until all the biscuit pieces are coated in the orange sugar. Don't give up, keep shaking until each piece is nicely coated. Pour the pieces into a bundt pan and set it aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter then stir in the brown sugar and orange juice until just barely combined. Pour the mixture all over the biscuit pieces.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top of the biscuits are golden brown. Then remove the pan from the oven and set it on a rack. Let the pan sit for at least 10 minutes, then turn the cake out of the pan onto a cake plate.