Sausage and Potato Hash served with eggs is probably the most classic American Breakfast. It is also one of my favorite breakfasts. It may seem like a big breakfast, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The thing about potato hash is that it’s very versatile, you can make it with anything you want, steak, meatless, loaded with veggies, totally up to you.
This is an ideal breakfast for a weekend when you have extra time in the morning. Although it’s a breakfast meal, I would honestly eat this potato hash for lunch or dinner, and I have, trust me. But weekend breakfasts are special and every weekend I try to make something delicious.
I happened to have some green and red bell pepper so I added some to the potato hash and it was great, not to mention it gives it great color. I served mine with sunny side up eggs, totally delicious and what a hearty meal, perfect comfort food.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ red bell pepper, cut in small pieces
- ½ green bell pepper cut in small pieces
- 2 sausages, casings removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in a pot with water until cooked through.
- Meanwhile add olive oil to a large skillet and add onion and cook until translucent. Add sausage and garlic and break the sausage with a wooden spoon and cook until sausage is cooked.
- Add bell peppers and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Ad this point add the boiled potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything around and cook a couple minutes longer or if you prefer until they are crispy and brown.
- Garnish with parsley if preferred and serve with eggs.