So just to clarify, it’s not chicken bacon, it’s real pork bacon and chicken in this sandwich. Not that you couldn’t use chicken bacon, but this sandwich here is the real thing. It is full of goodness!
First of all, aren’t you all glad it’s the weekend? I am! It’s been a tough week and the weekend couldn’t come any sooner. Not only that, but the weather here in Calgary has been terrible. We’ve had more snow, because really that’s what we’ve been missing and even today it snowed and it will some more on Sunday. This just feels like the longest winter ever!
I always do this to you so I’m sorry, but it has been a long winter.
Back to this sandwich here because this sandwich here is a must try. And it’s not all bad. Yes it has a little bit of bacon , but the rest are super healthy ingredients. You’ve got hummus, yes, that yellow stuff you see mixed there with the bacon is actual hummus, you’ve got Monterey Jack cheese, chicken breast, tomatoes and loads of baby arugula. Don’t you just love arugula? I’m in love with it, just love the flavor. Arugula is a bit sweet and tangy and to me it tastes nutty as well. Love. It.
So what are you all doing this weekend? I plan on being a couch potato. I’m so tired I just want to watch some movies. The hand model has been making me watch Supernatural lately but I just can’t watch too much of that show because I end up having nightmares. Still watching Once Upon a Time, love that show.
What are you still doing here reading this? Run to the kitchen and make this yummy sandwich, it’s the perfect snack and wouldn’t this make a great lunch? Oh yeah, you’ll be the envy of your co-workers. Now run!
- 2 flat breads (or 2 naans)
- 3 tbsp hummus
- 3 slices of cooked bacon
- 4 oz deli meat, I used chicken breast
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese, or enough to cover your sandwich
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 tsp butter
- To make the sandwich start by spreading hummus over one of the flat breads. Then layer with bacon, cheese, deli meat, tomato slices and top with other flat bread.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add the sandwich to the skillet. Cook the sandwich on both sides until slightly golden. Remove sandwich from skillet, remove top flat bread and top with baby arugula. Place back the flat bread. Cut in half and serve.