Baked Spaghetti Casserole – Loads of spaghetti smothered in ricotta cheese and sour cream, topped with meaty spaghetti sauce and baked to perfection!
This is what I’m talking about! Loads of spaghetti smothered in ricotta cheese and sour cream, topped with meaty spaghetti sauce and baked to perfection!
You were saying? Uh yes, this is the weeknight dinner you have all been waiting for! This is the dinner everyone will come to, the kids, the spouse, the neighbors, the friends. Don’t worry there’s enough here to go around for everyone.
Here I go again making food for a dozen when there’s only 2 of us. But you know what, for once this is something that will not go to waste because I for one love love love this dish.
I have a secret to tell you. I love going to Boston Pizza to have their pasta dishes. Like the baked lasagna or jambalaya or just the spaghetti and meatballs. But you don’t always feel like going to a restaurant, right? So this here is the next best thing and for a small fraction of the cost. Did I mention how simple this is to make? No? Let me tell you.
You boil some spaghetti, we can all do this right? You toss the spaghetti with some ricotta cheese and sour cream. Are you ready to hear about the sauce? OK you take some ground beef and your favorite jar of spaghetti sauce. Cook the ground beef until no longer pink, then dump the spaghetti sauce in there. That’s it. Now I know some peeps are going to say I don’t eat beef, well by all means, use ground chicken or ground turkey, or even pork. This isn’t rocket science. This is about simplicity.
Now don’t take my word for this. Run to the kitchen and try this yourself. Then invite the whole neighborhood, because there will be plenty to share.
Q: Where did the spaghetti go to dance?
A: The meat ball!
- 10 oz spaghetti (a package of spaghetti is about 14 oz, I didn't use the whole package but feel free to use it all)
- 1 (15 oz) container of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar (24 oz or 650 ml) spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Boil the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- In a deep skillet or sauce pan cook the ground beef until no longer pink then add the spaghetti sauce and stir. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the spaghetti with the ricotta cheese and sour cream well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a baking dish spread about ⅓ of the meat sauce on the bottom of the dish. Place the spaghetti on top of the sauce and top with the remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top if preferred.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.