Classic Reuben Sandwich – super satisfying and super easy to make.
OK my friends, do your favorite food blogger a favor and make this sandwich!
If you won’t do it for me, do it for yourself. You need this Reuben sandwich. You will thank me.
This sandwich is fantastic! Delicious! Phenomenal!
The ingredients are easy to find, the only problem you might have is finding the sauerkraut, but if you can’t find sauerkraut just use coleslaw. By the way I found sauerkraut at Safeway here in Calgary. So my friends, very simple ingredients, pastrami, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, thousand island dressing and the bread of your choice. I used this dark rye because I wanted to make this sandwich somewhat healthy. Really, it’s not that bad, and it’s super satisfying, perfect for lunch or dinner.
All kidding aside, this isn’t too bad for you, ingredients are simple and delicious. So let’s eat pastrami!
- 4 slices dark rye bread
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- thinly sliced corned beef or pastrami
- 4 tbsp thousand island dressing
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Turn on your broiler.
- Place 2 slices of the bread onto a baking sheet. Divide the cheese among the two slices of bread and arrange evenly. Place the baking sheet under the broiler until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the thousand island dressing over the cheese, about 2 tbsp on each slice. Top with ½ cup of sauerkraut on each slice. Top with sliced pastrami, as much as you want. Place the other slice of bread on top and place the sandwiches under the broiler for another minute.