This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Reuben Sandwich is a classic American hot sandwich loaded with corned beef, sauerkraut and thousand island dressing! It’s super satisfying and super easy to make.
OK my friends, do your favorite food blogger a favor and make this sandwich!
If you won’t do it for me, do it for yourself. You need this Reuben sandwich. You will thank me.
This sandwich is fantastic! Delicious! Phenomenal!
The ingredients are easy to find, the only problem you might have is finding the sauerkraut, but if you can’t find sauerkraut just use coleslaw. By the way I found sauerkraut at Safeway here in Calgary. So my friends, very simple ingredients, corned beef or pastrami, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, thousand island dressing and the bread of your choice. I used this dark rye because I wanted to make this sandwich somewhat healthy. Really, it’s not that bad, and it’s super satisfying, perfect for lunch or dinner.
All kidding aside, this isn’t too bad for you, ingredients are simple and delicious. So let’s eat a Reuben!
For more delicious sandwiches, try these:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Classic Reuben Sandwich
- 4 slices dark rye bread
- 1 cup Swiss cheese shredded
- 4 tbsp thousand island dressing
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1/2 lb corned beef or pastrami, thinly sliced
- Turn on your broiler.
- Place 2 slices of the bread onto a baking sheet. Divide the cheese among the two slices of bread and arrange evenly. Place the baking sheet under the broiler until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the thousand island dressing over the cheese, about 2 tbsp on each slice. Top with 1/2 cup of sauerkraut on each slice. Top with 1/2 of the sliced corned beef or pastrami. Place the other slice of bread on top and place the sandwiches under the broiler for another minute.
- Serve right away.