This Chicken Salad will turn your lunch from boring to spectacular! It’s packed with flavor and are really quick and easy to make. In 10 minutes you can be enjoying this chicken salad in sandwiches, tortilla wraps or even lettuce wraps!
Let’s talk chicken salads, shall we? Doesn’t it make for the best lunches? This particular salad however is to die for, not that I’m biased or anything.
It’s crunchy because it has chopped walnuts and then there’s a sweet little hit from the grapes. I think adding these two ingredients to a traditional chicken salad totally turns this filling into a star. It’s perfect for when you’re in a rush and need to pack a lunch or you can always have it for dinner when you don’t feel like cooking.
What Makes This Salad Such A Knockout?
Now you might be a little skeptical about combining sweet grapes with savory chicken and mayonnaise, but believe me it is a marriage made in heaven. I used nice crunchy chopped walnuts and tons of dry dill to make this filling scrumptious and to add lots of texture and dimension to this dish. I can’t wait for you all to try this stellar sandwich, it’ll be your new favorite!
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Chicken – Cooked chicken that has been diced. It’s a good way to use up some left over chicken.
- Veggies – We’re just dicing up some celery and slicing up 1 small onion to go in the filling.
- Nuts – You can either chop up walnuts or pecans for this sandwich filling.
- Grapes – Red seedless grapes either halved or quartered.
- Spices – I used ground mustard today for a flavor punch, if you don’t have any on hand feel free to substitute regular mustard.
- Herbs – Dry dill is all we’re using today, if you have fresh on hand just keep in mind that 1 teaspoon dried equals 1 tablespoon fresh.
- Condiments – We want mayo and Worcestershire sauce today.
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper.
How To Make Chicken Salad
- Combine everything together: In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients together.
- Chill: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
How To Serve This
This recipe is versatile! You can spoon this filling between any kind of bread you’d like, a favorite of mine is combining this with croissants. If you’re trying to cut down on carbs these also make perfect lettuce wraps!
How Do You Make Chicken Salad Healthier
Chicken salads are great because they can be made as healthy as you want. Skip the mayo and add a good plain Greek yogurt instead. You’ll still get the tanginess but less calories. Load it up with more veggies like sliced radish, shredded carrot, spinach, shredded red cabbage, apples, bell pepper, the sky is the limit!
How Do I Turn This Into A Meal?
Best way is to serve this salad on sandwiches and you’ve got yourself the most satisfying meal, but if you are looking to whip up a whole spread, here’s some perfect accompaniments to go along with it!
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Slaw
- Zucchini Patties
- Greek Salad
- Italian Roasted Mushrooms And Veggies
Refrigerate your chicken salad in an airtight container and it should last for 3 – 5 days. You can freeze chicken salad too! It will only stay fresh for up to a week and must be stored in small batches in airtight containers.
Craving More Chicken? Try These Delicious Recipes:
- Loaded Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Guacamole
- Avocado Chicken Croissants
- Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Garlic and Paprika Chicken
- Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad
- Korean BBQ Chicken
- Chopped Mexican Chicken Salad
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
The Best Chicken Salad
- cucumber sliced
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients together and toss well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve in sandwiches or wraps.