This easy meatloaf is a favorite at my house. It’s the recipe we always use when we want meatloaf. It’s perfect with a side of mashed potatoes.
This easy meatloaf recipe here is the only one you will ever need. But first of all I can’t believe it’s 2014 already, but I have a feeling it’s going to be a great year, though not a great winter. It’s been a long winter already and I try not to think about it because it literally depresses me. We have probably another good 4 to 5 months of winter left here in Calgary, and no I’m not kidding, but we have had snow in June and July here. Go figure. Why do I live here again? Oh because it’s sunny all the time. That must be it.
But you know what’s great on a cold winter day?
I’m not kidding you. I’m not a big fan of meatloaf, but I do like this recipe I have. This meatloaf recipe is so easy to make and just absolutely fabulous. Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy and you’ve got yourself a wonderful comfort meal. My husband loves this meatloaf recipe and I hope you’ll enjoy it as well.
Originally posted in Jan 2011, but just updated with new photos.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ green pepper finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, I used Panko
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce, I used Guy Fieri's BBQ sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the milk in a big bowl. Add the meat and the rest of the ingredients. Only use about ¾ cup of the barbecue sauce. Mix the entire meat mixture really well.
- In a loaf pan that's oiled really well, and add the meat mixture. Put the remainder barbecue sauce on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for about an hour or until done.