A few days ago I shared with you my recipe for lamb souvlaki and I was pretty excited to tell you how much I loved it. We used some of the meat to make this amazing greek style pizza with the lamb and it turned out delicious beyond belief.
As I said before I’m not a fan of lamb but this lamb was so delicious, it literally melts in your mouth. I also love greek flavors, like feta cheese, red onions, olives and oregano. So when you put all those delicious ingredients on a pizza, well you have a winner in my book. It’s to die for! We also made tzatziki sauce and if you’re going to make this pizza you must make the tzatziki sauce, the two together, unbelievable.
You ought to try it, you might end up with a favorite pizza. Why order pizza when you can make this at home? Nothing compares to a pizza made with love in your home.
- ½ pizza dough from this recipe
- ½ cup to 1 cup of pizza sauce
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups lamb souvlaki from this recipe, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives or black sun dried olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, sliced in half and seeded, and finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 500 F degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place on a pizza baking pan, or a pizza stone.
- Spread pizza sauce mixture over the crust. Top with feta cheese. Top with the lamb evenly over the entire pizza. Top with red onions and olives and sprinkle the oregano over the entire pizza.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Put the cucumber in a strainer set over a bowl. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and drain for 1 hour. Put the yogurt in another strainer set over a bowl and drain for 1 hour. Combine the cucumber and yogurt in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.