So these may not be the best looking bounty bars ever, but they taste just like the real thing! Trust me when I say that it doesn’t matter what they look like. But first of all, if you’ve never had a bounty bar before, they are amazing, especially if you like coconut. I’m not sure if they sell these in the US, actually I think they’re similar to Mounds in the US.
Bounty bars are one of my husband’s favorite chocolates, so I wanted to surprise him with these. They are so easy to make, it literally only takes 30 seconds to mix the ingredients together, and then a few minutes to shape the bars and coat them in chocolate. So as my hubby was working hard in the garage I made these little morsels. When he found them in the fridge and tried them, he had to come and tell me how they tasted just like the real thing. So if a true bounty bar fan can’t tell the difference, well then these must be pretty close to the real thing.
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mixture should come together, but still be sticky.
- Form mixture into rounded rectangles, about 2-3 inches in length. Wet your hands for easier handling!
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- After candies have chilled, take out of the refrigerator. Melt the dark chocolate per your package’s instructions. Chocolate should be smooth and glossy.
- Dip each candy into chocolate until completely covered. Place on wire rack or parchment paper to harden. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.