Last updated on May 10th, 2018 at 02:23 pm
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars is what happens when you combine two of my favorite desserts. These luscious three layer bars are truly amazing!
Do I have a treat for you today!! Pecan pie cheesecake bars, my friends. The best ever dessert, if you ask me, seeing that I love love pecan pie and cheesecake is my all time favorite dessert.
But first let me tell you a bit about my awesome vacation. We’re in southern Ontario now with my entire family and I didn’t realize how much I missed my crazy family. Maybe the weather not so much, especially the humidity. I swear by the time I finished my shower this morning, got ready and got dressed, I was ready for another shower. I’m glad I’m spending some time with my parents, my sister and nephew, it’s nice and I have to say it’s not often anymore that we’re all together, and for the most part everyone is on their best behavior.
Alright, enough about that, I know I want to tell you about these bars because they are to die for, trust me.
We’re talking 3 layers of perfection. Each layer delicious on its own, but when combined together creates the most decadent dessert you can have. In the first layer we have a nice buttery graham cracker crust, then a creamy and smooth layer of cheesecake followed by an incredible layer of pecan pie filling. Together, it’s simply heavenly.
What can I say, I outdid myself this time, perfect little bites, maybe not so little, but delicious morsels perfect for any special occasion when you need that perfect dessert.
Try some of my other rich and mouthwatering desserts:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar granulated
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 16 oz cream cheese at room temperature (2 pkg, 8 oz each)
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper, spray it first with some cooking spray so that the parchment paper will stick to it. Set aside.
For the Crust
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers with the sugar until fine crumbs form. Add in melted butter and pulse until well combined. Press this mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. You can use your fingers, but I find it easier to just use the back of a spoon to make sure it's pressed evenly. Set aside.
For the Cheesecake
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt to the bowl of your mixer. Mix on medium using the whisk attachment until smooth, should take about 5 minutes. Pour this over graham crust and smooth it out as much as possible with a spatula. Set aside.
For the Pecan Pie Layer
- Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, heavy cream, butter, salt and vanilla extract to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue cooking for 1 more minute the remove from heat. Stir in the chopped pecans. Pour over the cheesecake layer, and smooth it out with a spatula if necessary.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 40 minutes, the pecan layer should start to get golden. Cool completely then cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut the cheesecake into slices before serving.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe source Shugary Sweets
Products you may need for this recipe: