Last updated on July 11th, 2018 at 09:52 am
Matcha Mini Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Covered Strawberries – creamy and delicious, green tea tasting, little bites of cheesecake, totally yummy!
I don’t mean to brag or anything, but I am quite proud of these mini green tea cheesecakes and I am so happy to share the recipe with you. What we have here are a dozen Matcha mini cheesecakes with an oreo cookie crust and white chocolate covered strawberries, which I finally drizzled with some chocolate ganache. Well that’s a mouthful, no pun intended.
This is the first time I baked anything with Matcha Green Tea Powder and I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. But I’ve been looking for an excuse to use the box of oreo cookie baking crumbs and I desperately needed an excuse to cover some strawberries in chocolate. This is what I dream about at night, how sad is that! Now if you’ve never had a green tea dessert like green tea ice cream, you are in for a treat, but I will tell you this. Green tea cheesecake tastes like green tea! No big surprise there. For some reason hubs was fooled by the color and even though I told him it was green tea cheesecake, he saw it green and thought it was going to taste either minty or like pistachios. Ah, NO! It’s a green tea cheesecake, it tastes like green tea. But I absolutely loved it. It goes really great with the oreo cookie crust and the chocolate covered strawberries. I’m so in love with this cheesecake, I’m going to go as far as saying it’s a healthy dessert. Well we all know the health benefits of green tea such as it fights cancer and speeds up your metabolism, so why not!
To be honest, the reason I wanted to make mini cheesecakes again is because I needed an excuse to use this mini cheesecake pan. Ever since I’ve made my Hawaiian Cheesecake bites I’ve been dying to come up with another recipe just so I can use this pan again. I love it. So simple to use and you end up with perfect little cheesecake bites every time.
To start making these puppies, you’ll need a cup of oreo cookie crumbs. You can either use the store bought cookie crumbs, or just use oreo cookies and crush them up. Mix that up with a bit of butter, then divide the mixture equally into each cheesecake cup and press down. You’ll need to bake the crust for about 7 minutes at 350 F degrees.
The cheesecake mixture was fun to make simply because of the color. How fun is that! I felt like a little kid in the kitchen. Basically all you need to do is mix the cheesecake ingredients together with the Matcha green tea. I do recommend that all your ingredients are at room temperature. Next I used a medium ice cream scoop to scoop some cheesecake batter into each individual cup. You should have enough for 12 mini cheesecakes.
You’ll need to bake them for about 20 minutes at 300 F degrees. My little cheesecakes cracked, all but one, mostly because I probably over mixed the cheesecake ingredients and too much air got in, so don’t overmix. I wasn’t too worried about how they looked though, because I knew I was going to cover them all with a nice big white chocolate covered strawberry.
Aren’t they purrrty? I think they are the cutest mini bites. Now I may be biased here because cheesecake is my favorite dessert, but I love these babies, and as I said they do taste like green tea, not too sweet, though you do get a bit of sweetness from the chocolate covered strawberry. I had some leftover chocolate ganache so I drizzled some on top of the strawberries just to make them prettier. So there you have it, creamy and delicious, green tea tasting, little bites of cheesecake. YUM!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Matcha Mini Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Covered Strawberries - creamy and delicious, green tea tasting, little bites of cheesecake, totally yummy!
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies 4.8 oz or 135 g
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 12 strawberries with stems on
- 1 cup chocolate chips white
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz chocolate chips semisweet
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the oreo cookie crumbs with the butter. Divide the mixture equally into each cup in the pan and press down. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 F degrees.
- Add the cream cheese and sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth for about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing. Add matcha green tea powder and vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Spoon cheesecake batter into each cup and fill to the top. There should be enough batter for all 12 cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Refrigerate cheesecake for a couple hours.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt it in the microwave in 30 second intervals. After each 30 seconds stir the chocolate. Mine took about 1 min and 30 seconds to melt. Dip each strawberry in the white chocolate and carefully place over top of each cheesecake.
- In a small sauce pan add the heavy cream, chocolate chips and cook it over a double boiler over boiling water until smooth and warm. You will need to stir occasionally, this won't take long to make, under 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Drizzle some chocolate ganache over strawberries. (This step is optional)
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
What you’ll need: