Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 03:29 pm
These Mini Blueberry Galettes are perfect for a quick dessert. They’re perfectly crisp, flaky, and delicious. These impressive little bites are so easy to make, and look so beautiful. The ultimate summer dessert!
I know you were looking to make a pie this weekend, but I have something better for you. Mini galettes! Don’t let the word galette scare you, it’s just a French term for a flat round or rustic tarts with hand folded edges. We’re basically talking mini pies or tarts here, no big deal. But I mean it when I say they’re not a big deal to make.
I used store bought pie crusts, the ones that are rolled and you get 2 rolls of pie crust in a package, I know Pillsbury has them, but there are other brands that carry them.
I used 2 packages of pie crusts because I knew these galettes would go quickly because not only are they the cutest pies ever, they are so good. I love the fact that they’re almost bite size, well I’d say about 3 bites per galette. But those are 3 of the best bites ever.
It was so much fun making these galettes, there’s just something about making miniature foods that gets me all excited and happy.
To cut the rounds I used a bowl, but if you have the 6 inch round cutters use those. I wish I had them, the biggest I have is 4 inches, but a bowl works just as well.
The great thing about these galettes is that you can fill them with your favorite berries or fruits. I actually filled a couple with strawberries and they were yummy. You can also use figs, or peaches, apples, apricots, whatever you’re into.
Check out some of my other galette recipes for ideas! These ones aren’t miniature, but you can use the fillings for this recipe too:
I strongly recommend the mint leaves, it really does add an extra dimension of flavor. These galettes are really not very sweet, which is why I sprinkled them with a bit of Turbinado sugar. The end result are mini blueberry galettes that are super crispy, a bit sweet and tart, and so delicious. Serve these with some whipped cream or your favorite vanilla ice cream. You can’t go wrong.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Mini Blueberry Galettes
- Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl combine the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, zest and juice of one lemon. Set aside.
- Sprinkle your work surface with a bit of flour then roll out one of the pie crusts so that it's flat. Using a bowl that's about 6 inches in diameter, cut 3 rounds in each pie crust, by pressing down on the bowl or running a knife around it. Reroll the remaining dough, you should be able to get 1 more pie crust round from it. Each pie crust should give you 4 rounds, ending up with 16 rounds in total.
- Spoon about 1 to 2 tbsp of the blueberry mixture into the center of a pie crust round, then fold the dough up over the filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the galettes onto the prepared baking sheets, 8 per sheet. Brush each galette with beaten egg then sprinkle with turbinado sugar or regular granulated sugar.
- Bake the galettes for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!