These Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes are creamy bite-sized cheesecakes with a graham cracker crust and topped with a delicious salted caramel. The perfect bite for any occasion!
My obsession for mini cheesecakes knows no bounds. They truly are the perfect bite. Cheesecake truly is my favorite dessert and I never give up trying different cheesecake recipes. This recipe for mini cheesecakes is fool proof, no water bath required and very versatile.
A few weeks ago while I was shopping in Canmore I found this jar of salted caramel sauce in one my favorite little stores there. I knew then that I had to make something special to use it on.
HOW TO MAKE THE CRUST FOR MINI CHEESECAKES
The bottom crust is a very simple crust made with graham crackers, brown sugar and butter. It’s my favorite way to make crust for cheesecakes. It’s easy and quick. Pat the mixture into the individual cheesecake cups.
HOW TO MAKE THE CHEESECAKE BATTER
The cheesecake itself is my recipe I use all the time for cheesecake, I just adjusted the quantities. The main ingredients in cheesecake are lots of cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, sour cream and eggs. Add them all to your mixer and mix until smooth.
If your cheesecake top cracks like mine, don’t worry about it, you’ll cover it up with the salted caramel and nobody will know. However, be sure to read my notes on “How to keep your cheesecake from cracking” if you’re a perfectionist and want perfect little mini cheesecakes.
I would let the cheesecakes cool completely before topping them with the salted caramel, otherwise the caramel might melt too much. If it melts too much, I’m ok with that, I love it when it gets all gooey.
I then sprinkled them with a bit more kosher salt. I really love the salt and sweet combination here.
These are the perfect dessert, they literally are 2 bites each, or one big bite, depends how hungry you are. They’re perfect for any special occasion but if you’re like me you’ll make these on a Wednesday afternoon, just because you’re craving cheesecake.
WHAT’S THE BEST CREAM CHEESE TO USE FOR CHEESECAKE
I prefer using Philadelphia cream cheese because it always makes a super silky cheesecake. However, if you can’t find the Philadelphia brand, use a cream cheese that is full fat. Do not use fat free or light cream cheese.
HERE ARE SOME MORE DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
- Matcha Mini Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Mini Tiramisu Cheesecakes
- Hawaiian Cheesecake Bites
- Creme Brûlée Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pops
Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
- 2 1/4 cups graham crackers crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter salted, melted (1 stick)
- 16 oz cream cheese 2 packages
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a food processor add the crushed graham crackers, brown sugar and melted butter. Pulse a few times until fine crumbs form. Pat mixture into ungreased mini cheesecake pan in each individual cup.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth. Add the sour cream, eggs, flour and salt to the mixer and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add about 2 to 3 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture to each cup. The mini cheesecake pan has 12 cups, there will be crumbs and cheesecake mixture left over for another 6 mini cakes, so if you only have one pan, refrigerate the crust and cheesecake mixture until the pan is free to continue.
- Bake the cheesecakes for about 15 to 20 minutes. Let the cheesecakes cool and come to room temperature.
- Melt the salted caramel in the microwave until you can spoon it out. Top each cheesecake with about 1 tbsp of the salted caramel then sprinkle with a bit of kosher salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make sure to let the cheesecakes cool completely before topping them with caramel to avoid melting.
- If you don't have a mini cheesecake pan, you can use a mini muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.