Last updated on June 30th, 2018 at 10:33 am
This Pecan Pie Cheesecake takes two of my favorite desserts and combines them into the only thing that’s better than a classic pecan pie. This incredible pecan pie cheesecake is everything a cheesecake should be, decadent, luscious and simply delicious!
I’ve said this many times before but cheesecake really is my all time favorite dessert, right there next to pecan pie. Whenever I’m at a restaurant these are usually my first two choices if they are on the menu. As you can imagine when I combine the two in this spectacular cheesecake, well that makes me really really happy.
If you’re scared of making cheesecake, don’t be. There’s nothing to worry about, it’s really easy to make. The only thing is that because there are 3 layers to this cheesecake, it’s a bit time consuming.
For the crust, I find that the best crackers to use are graham crackers which I paired with more pecans because I really wanted the pecans to shine in this cheesecake. The cream cheese mixture is quite easy to make and if you’re worried about cracking don’t, because we’re covering it with the pecan pie topping, so nobody will see any cracks.
The best way to prevent cracking, though, is to make a water-bath for the cheesecake, plus make sure you don’t open the oven door while the cake is baking. As you can see, mine cracked around the edges, but who cares. Even better because that pecan pie topping filled in those cracks, flavoring my cheesecake.
I also sprinkled some smoked sea salt over my cheesecake, followed by some yummy caramel sauce because that’s just how I roll, but trust me, it’s so worth it. You get sweet and salty which is perfect on this pecan pie cheesecake.
This cheesecake is perfect for your holiday table or just any occasion. It’s sweet and decadent and always a crowd favorite.
Serving a big crowd? Try my Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars for easier serving.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
- Preheat your oven to 300 F. Spray the inside of a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse together the graham crackers, pecans, sugar and salt until coarse crumbs form. Add the melted butter. Pulse until combined.
- Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment on your mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugars, eggs, vanilla, and salt to the bowl of your mixer. Mix on medium speed until completely combined and smooth. About 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over the graham cracker crust. Smooth out as much as possible with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes.
Pecan Pie Topping
- To the bowl of your mixer add all the pecan pie ingredients except the pecans and mix until well combined. Add the pecans and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture over the partially cooked cheesecake, and cook for another 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely, and then cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!