Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:31 am
This Sour Cream Coffee Cake is a simple cake made with sour cream and yogurt with a pecan brown sugar crumble. Perfect with a good cup of coffee any morning.
I love coffee cakes. They’re so easy to make and well I just love to have a slice with a good cup of hot coffee. It’s one of my small pleasures in life. It’s the little things in life that really matter. Interestingly enough I am not crazy about coffee, although I have one every morning. I only started drinking coffee when I was in college but continued to do so even though I am not crazy about the taste. I think I started drinking it because I thought it would make me look cool but then I stuck to this habit. Although I’m not crazy about coffee alone, I do love a cup with a piece of coffee cake, the cake taste masks the bitter taste of the coffee so it’s all good.
I do think I like caffeine in general though, because I love all sort of teas and colas. Speaking of which this coffee cake would be great with a hot cup of tea as well.
This is a delicious classic sour cream coffee cake with cinnamon, brown sugar and pecan crumble. I love to make this on the weekend, and it’s super easy to make. I love to sit on the deck and just enjoy a nice slice of coffee cake while drinking a good cup of coffee. I also reduce the sugar in this recipe, because I don’t like my coffee cake too sweet but feel free to add more if you wish to.
I usually make this cake in a bundt cake pan just because it looks prettier but you could use any cake pan you wish. I think this cake is quite versatile too. If you wanted you could try making it with blueberries or cranberries and skip the pecan crumb mixture. I think next time I will try that.
Now because I don’t like plain cake and I have to drown it in some kind of icing or something I drizzled lots of caramel sauce over mine. That’s just how I roll.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and mix well until light and creamy. To it add the eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream and yogurt and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the mixer and mix everything well.
- In a small bowl mix the chopped pecans with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place half the batter in a bundt pan. Pour half the pecan mixture over the batter. Repeat with remaining batter and pecan crumble.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let it cool for about 15 min before removing from bundt pan.
- Serve with love.