Delicious, sweet Coffee Cake Bread drizzled with caramel sauce. Picture this. It’s Sunday morning. A good cup of coffee and a slice of this coffee cake. Enough said!
I made this coffee cake bread late last night and I dreamt about it all night. It was late last night when I made it so I didn’t try it. Hence the dreaming part.
You don’t understand. I love my Sunday morning breakfasts. Not a Sunday goes by that I don’t make something nice for breakfast. And this coffee cake bread is the perfect complement to a good cup of coffee. To make it even more special I drizzled some caramel sauce over it, but feel free to skip it, it’s entirely optional.
Coffee cakes are easy to make, and trust me it’s a lot cheaper than the slice you buy at Starbucks. But why buy it when you can make your own and have more than enough to share with your loved ones.
So picture this. It’s Sunday morning. A good cup of coffee and a slice of this coffee cake.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Coffee Cake Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a bread pan with non stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the brown sugar together with the cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the butter and granulated sugar and beat until well combined. Add eggs one at a time and mix until light and fluffy.
- In a measuring cup, mix the buttermilk and vanilla extract; set aside. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the buttermilk milk and flour mixture half a time to the mixer and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter in the bread pan and sprinkle with 1/3 of the brown sugar mixture, repeat with remaining batter and sprinkle remaining brown sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.