Last updated on April 24th, 2019 at 07:03 pm
This Skillet White Chicken Lasagna is for the true cheese lovers out there. Loaded with mushrooms, spinach, chunks of chicken, this lasagna is creamy, super cheesy and absolutely delicious.
This, this right here is my epic comfort food. My go to food for when I want a quick but hearty, cheesy mess of a lasagna. Because it is a mess of ooey gooey cheesy lasagna, but hey, I threw in some veggies like mushrooms and spinach so you can’t say it’s all bad. Trust me, it’s all good, so good that my friend and I ate it until our tummies ached. Sometimes we can’t say no to a good thing.
I made this dish with Mafalda pasta. They look like mini lasagna sheets, and are so perfect for this recipe. I’ve also used this time of pasta in my One Pot Hamburger Helper Lasagna, and this Lasagna Soup! I am totally obsessed with this pasta right now.
Anyway, I’m going to keep it short and sweet this time. I’m sort of on vacation because my mom is visiting from Ontario and want to spend as much time with her as possible. Too bad the weather is really crappy, snow, snow and more snow. Nothing’s keeping us from shopping though. And baking! And pedicures!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Skillet White Chicken Lasagna
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 5 oz mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz mafalda pasta
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz fresh spinach
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 10 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple minutes until the onion softens.
- Stir in the mushrooms and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 5 minutes until the mushroom cook down a bit and start to brown.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and stir. Stir in the chicken broth and milk. Add the mafalda pasta, stir and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through. There should be enough liquid but if you find that the pasta is not cooked enough and all the liquid is gone, add a bit more chicken broth.
- Stir in the ricotta and Parmesan cheese, then add the spinach and stir. Cook for another minute until the spinach cooks down.
- Stir in the chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place the skillet under the broiler for a couple minutes to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!