Last updated on May 18th, 2018 at 02:47 pm
With this Baked Lemon Garlic Halibut, clean eating never got any easier. In 25 minutes you’ve got yourself a delicious piece of halibut fish baked to perfection in a lemon and garlic marinade.
You might be wondering what’s with all the fish recipes lately, but I’ve been making a lot of Costco trips and every single time I pass by the seafood section I cannot help myself. I always end up picking a nice piece of fish. This time I decided on halibut, mostly because I feel like I haven’t had any white fish in a very long time.
I find it easiest to bake my fish, though sometimes grilling it on a cedar plank is really nice as well.
This recipe is really simple, lots of lemon and garlic and I spiced it up a bit with some red pepper flakes and some smoked paprika, which gives it this beautiful color.
I let the fish marinate for about an hour, but anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours should be more than enough. You can then bake it for about 20 minutes until it’s nice and flaky, then all you have to do is garnish it with some parsley, some lemon wedges and I decided on some freshly chopped tomatoes.
Try these fantastic fish dinners if you love this recipe!
- Salmon with Dill Sauce and Roasted Baby Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Mango and Avocado Salsa
- Asian Glazed Salmon in Foil
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Baked Lemon Garlic Halibut
- In a 9x13 inch casserole dish whisk together the first 8 ingredients.
- Place the halibut fillet in the casserole dish, then flip it over to get some of the marinade on both sides. You can also cut the halibut fillet into smaller individual pieces, if preferred. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for about 30 minutes to 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the casserole dish and place the dish in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately, garnished with some parsley and/or chopped tomatoes, if desired.