This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Baked or Fried Pizza Balls – so easy and fun to make, and of course yummy!
You all know I love my pizza! I love to make my own pizza dough and experiment with different ingredients and basically just have fun with a pizza pie.
This time I wanted to have more fun because that’s the kind of gal I am. I love my kitchen and I love baking and cooking in my kitchen. So what’s more fun than making pizza balls. I can’t think of anything. Now of course if you’re not as “fun” as me, you can buy your pizza dough from the store, but if you dare to really truly use that kitchen of yours, follow my lead.
Making pizza balls is so easy. I basically used pizza dough and 2 ingredients. Pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Beat that! Once I made the pizza dough I just rolled it out just like you would if you were making pizza, mine was about 1/4 inch in thickness and I used a 2 inch cookie cutter to cut out the rounds. And this is where the fun begins. You take a slice of pepperoni and a piece of mozzarella cheese, you could use shredded mozzarella or if you’re like me just cut out some 1 inch cubes of cheese, and place the pepperoni and cheese in the center of each round, press the edge to seal and shape into a ball.
And repeat. And repeat until you’re done. How fun is that? I thought so!
I then fried my balls and served them with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and pizza sauce on the side and I must tell you, not only are these balls fun to make but they sure are fun to eat! That sentence there would sound totally wrong in a different context. I’m talking about pizza balls people, focus!
And because I knew you guys were going to ask me if these balls could be baked, I baked some for you as well. Here you have the baked healthier version! Aren’t I great? Wanna come over for some pizza balls?
- If you’re baking these, preheat your oven to 450 F degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough so that it’s about 1/4 of an inch in thickness. Using a 2 inch cookie cutter cut out rounds.
- Top each round with a pepperoni slice and a piece of mozzarella cheese. Bring dough up around filling; press edge to seal and shape each into ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
- If you’re baking these place balls on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- If you’re frying, heat oil in a cast iron pot or a large skillet. Fry a few balls at a time until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.