This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake – a comforting dinner that’s super delicious and very easy to prepare.
It’s been such a stressful week for us as we’ve been searching for houses and coming up empty. It seems to be a seller’s market and if anything good comes on it’s gone in a couple days. So how do I deal with stress, well probably like a lot of people, with food, and what’s more comforting than a delicious plate of pasta.
But wait! Not just any plate of pasta, but a cheesy chicken pasta. And you know what’s so great about these dishes, you don’t really need a recipe. Like any good chef will tell you, a good recipe is cooking without a recipe. So that’s what I did here. I looked in my fridge and grabbed what I had and made this awesome dinner. For you my friends, I will give you my recipe, so you yourselves can duplicate this.
I’m not greedy, I’m not going to keep all this to myself. 🙂 But promise me that if you do give it a try, you come back here and let me know how much you enjoyed it, or did not.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake
- 1 lb bow tie pasta or any kind of pasta you have in your pantry
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, chopped in small 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups white mushrooms chopped, about 6 or 7 big ones
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 28 oz diced tomatoes canned
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Boil pasta to package instructions. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add chicken pieces. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and 1/2 of the oregano and basil. Fry the chicken until no longer pink, and slightly golden. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and add mushrooms and onions. Saute until onion is translucent and beginning to brown. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Pour wine and chicken broth to skillet and stir, scraping all the brown bits. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Add crushed tomatoes and now you can add the chicken back to the skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the pasta in a large baking dish and pour chicken tomato sauce over the pasta and toss. Add a cup of the Mozzarella cheese and toss it around. Top with remaining Mozzarella cheese.
- Place baking dish in the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, just until the cheese melts and begins to get a bit golden.
- Serve warm.