Last updated on November 4th, 2018 at 07:18 pm
This Chicken Pesto Caprese Pasta is one delicious dinner that’s ready to put on the dinner table in under 30 minutes. Enjoyed even by your picky eaters.
Fancy a quick and easy dinner? Because that’s just what I’ve got here for you tonight. This is my kind of dinner after a long and hard day at work. You can have this ready and on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes and it will please everyone, including those picky eaters.
A couple weeks ago I shared with you my easy homemade pesto recipe, which is super easy and quick to make and that is the pesto I used here. However you can always use a good store bought pesto and this recipe will be just as delicious.
For the chicken you could use already cooked chicken breast, you know the full roasted chickens you buy from Sobey’s or Safeway? However, I used my favorite recipe for the most moist, delicious and perfect baked chicken breast. Slice them up and serve them over this pesto pasta.
But I wanted to give this pesto pasta a little pizzaz so I thought the addition of bocconcini would be ideal with some cherry tomatoes and OMG. Flavor bomb in your mouth! And because you can’t have caprese pasta without some Balsamic reduction, I drizzled some over the chicken and pasta. Totally worth it.
CRAVING MORE PESTO? TRY THESE RECIPE:
- Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Pasta
- Arugula and Walnut Pesto Pasta
- Arugula and Basil Pesto Risotto with Sautéed Mushrooms
- Creamy Avocado and Spinach Pasta
- Roasted Red Pepper and Pecan Pesto Penne
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Chicken Pesto Caprese Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a large bowl toss pesto and cooked pasta together so that the pasta is fully coated. Drizzle with the olive oil and stir. Add in the tomatoes, bocconcini and toss.
- Top with sliced chicken and drizzle with the Balsamic reduction.
- Use this recipe to make the perfect BAKED CHICKEN BREAST.
- Bocconcini are small mozzarella cheeses and they come in different sizes. They are semi-soft white and rindless, unripened mild cheeses.
- Balsamic reduction of balsamic glaze is a concentrated and thickened version of balsamic vinegar. You can buy it in stores or make it yourself by cooking down balsamic vinegar until it thickens and reduces, about 15 minutes.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Originally shared May 2014