This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Can dessert get any better than this Chocolate Martini? Not in my books! Each sweet, rich, and velvety sip will have you craving more. Enjoy one after dinner as a great way to unwind and end the day in style.
On today’s installation of delicious homemade drinks: a chocolate martini! I’ve been giving you lots of classics lately. It’s time for a fun, sweet drink you can genuinely replace dessert with. This drink is such a fantastic way to switch up your regular dessert routine and try something unique.
I’ve been having so much fun experimenting with my at-home bar these days. All you need is a little collection of bottles, a cocktail shaker, and some fun glasses to serve your drinks in. It doesn’t need to be a full setup! The most important part are the ingredients and love you put into that shaker!
Keep scrolling down to the recipe card for a list of FULL ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page!
- Irish cream liqueur – Such as Bailey’s.
- Vanilla vodka – Regular vodka will work too.
- Chocolate liqueur – You can use any type you like, even creme de cacao.
- Chocolate syrup – Optional, this is just to garnish the glass.
How to make a chocolate martini
- Garnish: Swirl a martini glasses, from the bottom up, with chocolate sauce.
- Shake: Add the Irish cream, vodka, and chocolate liqueur to a cocktail shaker with the ice. Shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds, then fine-strain into the prepared martini glass.
How to serve a chocolate martini
I did a beautiful swirl around the martini glass as a way to add a bit more chocolate flavor to the drink, as well as add some decoration.
You can also decorate the glass by rimming it in chocolate syrup, then dipping the rim in granulated sugar. This way you’ll also get an extra taste of chocolate with each sip as well as a gorgeous way to serve the drink.
Check out these fantastic homemade drink recipes:
- Grasshopper Cocktail
- Irish Cocktail
- Frozen Mudslide
- B52 Shot
- Tequila Sunrise
- Pina Colada
- Earl Grey Martini
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
- chocolate syrup
- 1 oz Irish cream liqueur
- ½ oz vanilla vodka
- 1 ½ oz chocolate liqueur
- ½ cup ice
- Swirl a martini glass, from the bottom up, with chocolate sauce.
- Add the Irish cream, vodka, and chocolate liqueur to a cocktail shaker with the ice. Shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds, then fine-strain into the prepared martini glass.