This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Can’t resist crispy potatoes? Then you’ll fall head over heels for these Crispy Parmesan Potatoes, where each bite is a celebration of flavors, from the salty Parmesan to the fragrant Italian seasoning.
Easy Crispy Parmesan Potatoes Recipe
Experience the joy of sinking your teeth into a potato that’s crisp to perfection on the outside while maintaining its tender fluffiness on the inside. That’s exactly the experience that my Crispy Parmesan Potatoes promise. Infused with a mouthwatering blend of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and the ultimate star – freshly grated Parmesan cheese, these potatoes are about to become your favorite side dish.
But the magic doesn’t stop there. After a roast in the oven, these potatoes are treated to an extra shower of Parmesan, delivering a beautifully golden, cheesy crust that’s irresistible. To finish, a sprinkle of fresh parsley adds a burst of color and freshness. Crispy Parmesan Potatoes, folks, where comfort food meets gourmet with an extra crispy twist.
Why You’ll Love These Crispy Parmesan Potatoes
- Flavor Explosion: These Crispy Parmesan Potatoes pack an incredible flavor punch with a unique blend of Italian seasoning, garlic, and the rich, nutty tang of Parmesan cheese. They’re a far cry from your average potato dish and a must-try for any potato lover out there.
- Versatile Side Dish: They can be paired with almost anything. Whether you’re grilling a steak, roasting a chicken, or even serving up a vegetarian main, these potatoes are the perfect complement, making your meal complete.
- Easy to Prepare: Despite their gourmet flavor, these potatoes are remarkably simple to prepare. It’s as easy as mixing, tossing, and baking, making this recipe accessible to any home cook, regardless of their kitchen expertise.
For the best results, always ensure the potatoes are cut-side down on the baking sheet. This maximizes their contact with the pan, giving you that desired crispy, golden-brown finish.
- Small red potatoes – I prefer these little potatoes but you can also use other waxy varieties like Yukon gold.
- Olive oil – This helps to roast the potatoes, giving them that delightful crispy exterior. You can also use other high-heat oils like avocado oil or canola oil can.
- Salt – To enhance the flavors of the potatoes, and you can adjust to taste.
- Black pepper – This adds a slight kick to the potatoes, and again, you can adjust it to personal taste.
- Garlic powder – This provides a subtle garlic flavor. You can also use fresh minced garlic for a stronger flavor.
- Italian seasoning – A combination of dried basil, oregano, and thyme can be used if you don’t have Italian seasoning.
- Parmesan cheese – This provides a savory, umami flavor and crisps up beautifully in the oven. You can also use other cheeses such as Romano or Asiago, but keep in mind that the flavor will change accordingly.
- Fresh parsley – Used as a garnish, it provides a burst of fresh flavor and color. Feel free to substitute with fresh basil or dill.
Making these crispy potatoes couldn’t be any easier. Let’s get started.
First things first, you’re gonna want to get your oven warmed up to 400℉. Next, grab those red potatoes of yours. Give them a good wash and pat dry before halving them. Now cut them in half. Trust me, those smaller halves are going to crisp up just beautifully.
Now, take out a big bowl and mix up your seasonings. That’s your olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Also, add in half of the Parmesan cheese.
Toss in the potatoes and give everything a good stir until those potatoes are all coated.
Grab a large baking sheet and spread out those potatoes in a single layer. The trick here is to keep them cut-side down – that’s how you get that crispy crunch you’re after. Slide that sheet into your preheated oven and let them roast for about 25-30 minutes. What you’re looking for is a beautiful golden brown color and a nice crispy texture.
Once the potatoes are crisped to your liking, pull the sheet out and sprinkle the rest of your Parmesan over them. Pop them back in the oven for just about 5 minutes. This gets the cheese nice and melted, and if you’re lucky, a bit golden too.
Lastly, take those golden, crispy potatoes out of the oven and sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley on top. Now you’re ready to serve ’em up and dig in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use different types of potatoes for this recipe?
You can definitely switch it up! This recipe calls for small red potatoes, but feel free to try out Yukon Gold or baby potatoes. Remember, the size and type of potato may change your cooking time.
Is there a way to make these potatoes vegan?
Yes, you can veganize this dish! Swap out the Parmesan cheese for a vegan cheese or nutritional yeast to get that cheesy flavor. And make sure your Italian seasoning blend is cheese-free!
Can I spice up these potatoes with other seasonings?
Absolutely! This recipe uses Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, but don’t be shy about adding your favorite spices or herbs. Try rosemary, thyme, or even a dash of smoked paprika to switch things up.
- Potato Selection: Choose small, even-sized potatoes for this recipe. They’ll cook more evenly and have a nice crispy to soft ratio.
- Parmesan Power: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese makes a world of difference in this recipe. It melts better and has a richer flavor compared to pre-grated.
- Garlic Upgrade: If you’re a fan of garlic, add fresh minced garlic to your oil mixture for an extra punch of flavor. It’s an easy way to elevate your potatoes.
- Preheat Your Pan: Try preheating your baking sheet in the oven while it preheats. Adding your potatoes to a hot pan can help achieve a crispy exterior right from the start.
- Single Layer is Key: When arranging your potatoes on the baking sheet, make sure they are in a single layer with the cut side down. This ensures maximum contact with the pan for ultimate crispiness.
To store these crispy parmesan potatoes, let them cool completely first. Once cooled, transfer them to an airtight container or zip-top bag and pop them in the refrigerator. They’ll stay fresh and tasty for up to 4 days. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, reheat the potatoes in a hot oven or in a skillet over medium heat to get them crispy again. If you’re in a hurry, you can also use the microwave, but the texture won’t be as crispy.
Other Delicious Potato Recipes You’ll Love
- Mashed Potatoes
- Funeral Potatoes
- Irish Potato Cakes (Potato Farls)
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Greek Lemon Potatoes
- Start by preheating your oven to 400℉ (200℃).
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and pat dry. Cut the potatoes in half and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the potatoes and toss until they're well coated in the seasoning.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer. Ensure that each potato is cut-side down for maximum crispiness. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the potatoes. Return the baking sheet to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with the fresh chopped parsley, and serve warm.
- Potato Variety: Small red potatoes work best for this recipe due to their firm texture and flavorful skin. If you can’t find red potatoes, small yellow potatoes are a good substitute.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese gives the best flavor and melts more smoothly. Pre-grated cheese often contains anti-caking agents that prevent it from melting evenly.
- Seasoning: The Italian seasoning adds a wonderful depth of flavor, but feel free to customize the herbs according to your taste. Rosemary or thyme would also work beautifully.
- Serving: These potatoes are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven while the cheese is still melty and the exterior is crispy. Serve warm for the best taste experience.
- Reheating: If you have leftovers, reheat them in the oven or air fryer to restore the crispiness.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.