Chai Chocolate Chip biscotti – an Italian cookie that’s twice baked. This version includes chocolate chips and are flavored with chai tea.
Welcome to day 11 of 12 days of Christmas!
I’d like to apologize in advance for anything stupid I may say in this post, but I had a glass of white wine and I’m a very cheap drunk. But the good news is, my baking mania is almost over, 1 day left and I sure hope you guys have tried making some if not all of these cookies.
Now there are only 3 shopping days left, not counting Christmas eve here, and I sure hope you guys are done your shopping because it’s crazy out there, it’s a mad world! Those last minute shoppers! I used to be one, I know. I was the Dec 24th shopper. Pretty sad, I know, but not this year. This year I’m done! Actually all I have left to do is wrap them up but that’s my favorite part of shopping.
Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you
Sorry, when wine gets to me I tend to sing! Somehow that song popped into my head, maybe because I do feel good. But my favorite song to sing when I’m a little buzzed is … wait for it …
Oh no, not I. I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love
I know I’ll stay alive
I’ve got all my life to live
I’ve got all my love to give and I’ll survive
I will survive, Oh
Yeah, I love Gloria Gaynor, but mostly I love her when I’m a bit buzzed, I don’t want to say drunk, because really all I had is one small glass of wine. And it’s Christmas, come on, time to have some fun!
Enough about this!
Biscotti! Yay! You know why I love biscotti? Because they’re perfect for dunking in a good cup of joe or tea. Yep, I just love them. And these biscotti, perfect. They’ve got wonderful spices and chai. I mean, come on, delish! I’d tell you a bit more about them, but you’ll just have to try them on your own, because I’m falling asleep here, that’s what happens when I have wine. And I had to read this post over 3 or 4 times to fix the errors I made. Too much work for poor little old me.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chai Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup strong brewed chai tea room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp fat-free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the tea, egg, egg white, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape each half into a 10-in. x 2- in. rectangle.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes on each side or until firm. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.