Easy Chicken Stir Fry that’s perfect for any night of the week. This recipe is my family’s favorite and is made with healthy and delicious ingredients.
We all probably have our own stir fry recipes and this is my chicken stir fry recipe. I should correct that, this is my husband’s chicken stir fry recipe. We always make this together and it always turns out great. We may switch it up a bit every once in a while, like use different vegetables, but this is our tried and true chicken stir fry and we love it. I love cooking with my husband, we have fun and we laugh and enjoy being in each other’s company. That’s why I love to cook and bake, it’s about having fun and enjoying life with your close friends and family.
This chicken stir fry recipe is very easy, because we use store bought teriyaki sauce. We usually start out by cleaning and cutting vegetables. For this stir fry you’ll need a celery stalk, a large carrot and a red sweet pepper. I like to cut them in long strips.
You’ll also need mushrooms, now I’ve used all sort of mushrooms in stir fry before, but I have to say my favorite mushrooms are shiitake mushrooms. Of course if you don’t have shiitake mushrooms, just regular white mushrooms are fine. Slice these up as well.
We need some greens in there so I add some broccoli florets, not much because I’m not a broccoli fan, but my husband is.
Now since this is chicken stir fry, you’ll need some chicken breasts. This recipe makes 4 servings, so I used 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up in long strips, about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long. I always salt and pepper my chicken.
I also love baby corn, so I will always add baby corn to my stir fry. I also cut up some green onions, the green onions won’t be added until the end.
So that was it for chopping up vegetables, but I also add bean sprouts, but I add those with the green onions at the end. Now for the fun part, in a wok heat up the sesame seed oil and olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir fry the chicken. While the chicken is stir frying, get the sauce ready. In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and I like to add a little chili sauce for some heat. Whisk it all up. When the chicken has cooked through, add all the veggies, with the exception of the green onions and bean sprouts. Pour the sauce over and toss the veggies and chicken together. Stir fry until the veggies are to your liking, some like them more raw than others. Before you take the wok off the heat, add the green onions, bean sprouts and some sesame seeds. And that’s all there is to it! Serve this over steamed rice and you’ve got yourself a wonderful dinner to enjoy with your family or friends.
More Delicious Recipes To Try
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 stalk celery cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot 2″ long, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 cups shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup baby corn
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless skinless (about 2 large or 3 small)
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Start by chopping and slicing all the vegetables and the chicken.
- In a large wok, heat up the sesame seed oil and olive oil. Add the chicken and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, chili sauce and salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, celery, red pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, and baby corn to the wok. Pour the sauce over the veggies and chicken and toss well.
- Before turning off the heat, add the bean sprouts, green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve over steamed rice.