Grape Clafoutis – the best clafoutis you’ll ever have. With grapes, not cherries.
Easy Clafoutis Recipe
About a year ago I discovered this wonderful French dessert, the clafoutis or sometimes spelled as clafouti. It is now one of my favorite desserts to bake in the summer. I have made this with cherries and apricots before. This is the first time I made it with green grapes and I believe this is my favorite version of it.
It is such a beautiful and delicious dessert, just thinking about it now, makes me wish I had a slice in front of me. Normally the clafoutis is made with black cherries with their pits in, supposedly the pits release a wonderful flavor as the clafoutis bakes. The batter itself is thick like a flan batter and it’s super easy to make. The clafoutis is also dusted off with powdered sugar, but this time I didn’t because I find it is sweet enough for me.
More Yummy Desserts To Try
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
- 1 pound green grapes
- 1¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar granulated
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Butter your baking dish with some of the melted butter.
- Place the grapes on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a blender add the flour, sugar, vanilla extract, remaining butter, eggs, and milk. Blend everything together so that it makes a nice thin batter.
- Pour the clafoutis batter over the grapes.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the center is set.
- Dust with powdered sugar if preferred.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.