Let’s get right down to talking about fudge. I know you all love fudge and while these may not be the prettiest fudge pictures you’ve ever seen, I guarantee you this fudge is the easiest to make and most delicious fudge you’ll ever eat.
2 minutes in the microwave! That’s all it takes. You cannot screw this up. The ingredients are super simple, powdered sugar, cocoa, butter, a bit of milk and vanilla extract and voila! I even made this in my messy kitchen, which is still full of unpacked boxes, but it didn’t stop me. Funny thing is, this is the first thing I made in my new kitchen, fudge! Does that say something about me? No matter, this fudge is priceless. I was even thinking of sharing this fudge with my new neighbors, this would definitely make me very popular here, almost made it to the door … almost!
Nope, I’m not sharing this fudge with anyone, except with my husband. This fudge is too good. After I made it I thought that some pretzel pieces would have been perfect in this fudge, but I still got the sweet and salty combination from adding the fleur de sel. Fleur de sel is just sea salt. I added lots of fleur de sel to my fudge, you can skip it if you want, but I really really love the sweet and salty combination.
So now that the fudge conversation is out of the way, Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadian Readers!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
2 Minute Microwavable Fudge with Pecans and Fleur de Sel
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a microwavable bowl, sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Add a pinch of salt and mix.
- Add milk and vanilla extract and using a wooden spoon mix everything together. You’ll have big lumps and still some of the powdered sugar and cocoa will be dry but don’t worry, that’s ok.
- Add the butter on top, just a big chunk right out of the fridge, doesn’t need to be melted. Place the bowl in the microwave oven and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and using the same wooden spoon mix it all together until smooth. When you first take it out of the microwave, you might still see a big chunk of butter, but that’s ok, keep on stirring and the butter will melt. You’ll notice as you’re stirring the mixture if thickening. Add in the pecans and stir.
- Pour the fudge in the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or until it sets.
- Cut into pieces and serve.