Last updated on August 8th, 2017 at 11:38 am
Triple Bypass Brownies – for those days when you need a little pick me up. Three layers of complete delicious madness.
I’m sorry for bringing this brownie to you.
But I have to share. It would be insensitive of me to keep this treasure to myself. It’s one of the best brownies you’ll ever eat.
I know you try to be good all the time and eat healthy, but every once in a while, you want to be bad. And when you’re ready to be bad, this brownie is there waiting for you. Waiting with open arms.
We have a layer of a great chocolate brownie, care of Martha Stewart, then we have a layer of cream cheese cake, and then if that is not enough, we have a layer of rice krispies smothered in chocolate, peanut butter and nutella.
So the triple bypass brownie was born.
But why, you ask?
Because we can!
Because we need this brownie, for those days when you may be a little down, because the guy you like never called you back, because you did not get that promotion at work, because life is just not fair sometimes. That’s when you want to eat this brownie. No matter what your reason may be, you need not worry anymore.
I’m not saying this brownie will solve your problems, but it will make life a little more bearable and a lot sweeter. 🙂
In the above pictures I was not patient enough to let the brownie refrigerate for a couple hours, but if you are patient this is what the brownie will look like.
Triple Bypass BrowniesPrint Pin Rate
Martha Stewart's Brownie
- 500 g 16 oz cream cheese (2 packages)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Rice Krispies layer
- 3 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nutella
- Line parchment paper in a 9" x 13" pan allowing 2 inches to hang over sides and spray it with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Put butter, chocolate, and cocoa in a heatproof medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until butter and chocolate are melted. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Put sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat on medium speed until pale, about 4 minutes. Add chocolate mixture; beat until combined. Add flour mixture; beat, scraping down sides of bowl, until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top with a rubber spatula. Bake for 15 minutes, we do not want to bake the brownie completely as it will continue to bake with the cream cheese layer.
- Add all the cheesecake layer ingredients in the bowl of your mixer and mix for about 3 to 5 minutes until cream cheese is smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the semi baked brownie and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
Rice Krispies layer
- In a large pan add the chocolate chips, peanut butter and nutella and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until the peanut butter and chocolate chips are completely melted. Stir in the rice krispies and make sure all the cereal is fully coated.
- Spread the rice krispies mixture on top of the cream cheese layer and refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Cut into pieces and serve.