Last updated on April 26th, 2019 at 01:13 pm
This Brownie Recipe is the only no-fail recipe you’ll ever need! Perfect gooey brownies, incredibly fudgy, super easy to make and downright indulgent!
We all have that perfect brownie recipe, that recipe we grew up with handed down from our mom or grandma. Because let’s face it, everybody loves a good brownie, how could you not. We’re talking chocolatey, gooey, chewy fudgy brownies!
In fact, brownies are probably our first baking experience at a young age. I remember loving to bake from a very young age, just being in the kitchen with my mom and helping her out whenever she’d be baking anything. It was fascinating.
While there are many types of brownies, I like a more fudgy brownie than a cake like brownie, though when faced with any kind of brownie, I’ll take it regardless of its type. Chocolate is chocolate and I never say no to chocolate.
Ingredients in Brownies
Here’s what you’ll need for my awesome brownies (scroll down to the recipe card for complete recipe):
- Butter – use unsalted butter so you can control how much salt goes in your brownies
- Sugar – granulated white sugar is fine.
- Flour – good all-purpose flour.
- Cocoa powder – I used Dutch processed cocoa powder.
- Salt – to bring all the flavors together.
- Baking powder – this helps lift the brownies, creating a cake-like texture.
- Espresso powder – to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Eggs – eggs act as an emulsifier and make the batter smoother, plus adds volume and texture.
- Chocolate Chips – use a good quality dark chocolate chips.
How To Make The Best Brownies
These brownies are incredibly easy to make. Here’s how:
Prepare oven and baking pan: Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Spray an 8×8 inch baking panwith cooking oil then line it with parchment paper.
Dissolve sugar in butter: In a small saucepan add the butter and melt over medium low heat. Once melted add the sugar sugar and stir; bring the sugar and butter to a boil then quickly remove from the heat.
Combine dry ingredients: In a large bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, espresso powder if using and whisk well.
Finish batter: Pour in the butter/sugar mixture slowly and whisk well. Add the eggs and continue and whisk or stir with a spatula until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
Bake: Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth out the top so that it’s one even layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and the center should look very moist, but not uncooked.
Cool and serve: Let the brownies cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then cut into squares and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Perfect Brownies:
- The number 1 tip should always be to start with quality ingredients, especially when it comes to the chocolate.
- Make sure your eggs are at room temperature, this will ensure your brownies will have a lighter texture and cook more evenly. If you forget to take them out an hour before, just let them sit in a bowl of warm water for about 15 minutes.
- Use a light coloured or shiny pan, since this will conduct heat more evenly. Glass or dark coloured pans will cause the edges to over-bake or burn. Also, make sure you line your pan with parchment paper, leave an overhang on the sides to create angles and spray it with cooking spray. This way when your brownies are done baking, you simply lift by the overhang to pull out the brownies.
- Make sure you bake your brownies in the center of the oven for even baking and wait until your oven is completely preheated. Always keep in mind that baking time will vary since each oven is different. Also remember that your brownies will keep cooking as they cool off too, so if you’re not sure, pull them out a bit earlier and place them on the counter to cool.
Can I Add Nuts To These Brownies?
Absolutely! Nuts such as pecans or walnuts would be perfect in these brownies. I’d add about 3/4 cup of chopped nuts. Other add-ins can be shredded coconut, caramel pieces or marshmallows!
How To Store Leftover Brownies
Store cut brownies in an airtight container at room temperature. They will last up 1 to 2 days. I wouldn’t recommend storing them in the fridge as they will dry out, at room temperature they stay moist and delicious.
Can You Freeze Brownies
Yes you can! Cool them completely then transfer them to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw at room temperature.
Craving More Brownies? Try These:
- Halloween Candy Brownies
- Mile High Guinness Brownies with Guinness Buttercream Frosting
- Butterscotch Brownies
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Triple Bypass Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking oil then line it with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan add the butter and melt over medium low heat. Once melted add the sugar sugar and stir; bring the sugar and butter to a boil then quickly remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, espresso powder if using and whisk well. Pour in the butter/sugar mixture slowly and whisk well.
- Add the eggs and continue and whisk or stir with a spatula until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth out the top so that it's one even layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and the center should look very moist, but not uncooked.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then cut into squares and enjoy!