Last updated on June 6th, 2018 at 01:57 pm
These Halloween Candy Brownies are fudgy, rich, chocolatey and decadent. Each bite will be a surprise as there is lots of assorted candy hidden in each brownie! Perfect for your leftover halloween candy!
Halloween is less than a week away and I just have to give you one more Halloween recipe and that is these awesome brownies. From the outside they may look like just ordinary brownies, but trust me they are anything but ordinary inside, because at the bottom they are loaded with halloween candy. Which is why these are perfect not only for Halloween, but right after Halloween, to use up all that leftover candy.
These brownies are so decadent and rich and I used none other than Alton Brown’s recipe because he’s the one I always go to when I want a good basic but delicious recipe. I did modify it a bit and that is I doubled the recipe, and cut down the sugar by half, and used some brown sugar as well. The reason I cut the sugar is because we have all that delicious candy at the bottom, so they are plenty sweet.
Although I cut these brownies so that I ended up with 12, I strongly recommend you cut them in 24 instead because each piece is humongous and these brownies are so rich you might not be able to finish a whole piece. The great thing in all this is that this will also cut the calories in half. Just saying. Not that we’re counting calories when eating these brownies.
As far as what candy to use, it doesn’t matter. Use your favorite, use whatever you have from Halloween. I just used a bunch of assorted candy that comes in those big boxes. Obviously we could have put the candy over the top of the brownies, but by putting them at the bottom, you can surprise your guests, when they take a bite. They will be pleasantly surprised, trust me.
Hope you try these because they are so good and so fun to make, especially with the little ones. Making brownies is fun! And don’t forget to decorate them. I bought all these decorations at Michael’s, lots of fun stuff there.
Check out my Halloween Red Velvet Cupcakes for another fun Halloween party snack!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Halloween Candy Brownies
- Preheat oven to 300F. Grease an 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs on medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add the sugar and brown sugar, and beat for another 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add the chopped candy into the bottom of the greased pan. Pour the batter over the candy and smooth out with a spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the pan and if it comes out clean, it's done. Transfer the brownies onto a rack and allow to cool.
- Cut the brownies into squares and decorate for halloween if preferred. I used bones and tombstones.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!