What would Halloween or All Hallows Eve be without a batch of brew? Witches’ Brew that is. At Jo Cooks, our wicked witch got her cauldron all fired up and brewed up a batch just for you.
Now don’t be frightened by the ingredient list as we are sure you will miss a few. For our wicked witch threw some ingredients in which may not be very good for you. Words to the wise, set her strange brew recipe aside and follow the one that’s below. Just for a joke before it goes up in smoke, we’ve included hers so you’ll know…
Her wicked brew was tossed in the pot with an ingredient list that reads like a spell. If you read her list out loud for a bit, you will see why we think it’s quite swell. For our wicked witch kept it in pitch and we had a laugh as we read it through. We have no doubt when you read it and burst out that you will think it is a clever one too.
- Dragons blood
- Tail of rat
- Scales of snake
- Bones of bat
- Toss in a bit of magic
- And a bit of this n that
- This is the strangest brew
- I could cook up for you…
So no hocus pocus we need you to focus and whip up the brew we’ve noted below. For the one brewed by the witch can easily be switched and once you’ve drank it you won’t have a clue.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves whole
- 3 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cup sparkling cider chilled
- 4 cups cranberry juice chilled
- 4 cups club soda chilled
- 1 cup dark rum optional
- 2 cups ice
- In a small heavy saucepan add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger, water, sugar and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves, then simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remo the saucepan from heat and let it steep, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Strain the simple syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a punch bowl, discarding all the solids. Chill in the fridge until cold.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the ice, to the punch bowl and stir. Add the ice before serving.
Recipe source Epicurious.com
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!