These Grapefruit Mimosas are made with just 4 ingredients! This yummy, bubbly beverage is perfect for your next brunch or cocktail party.
This gorgeous red grapefruit mimosa just screams summer. BBQ parties and fruity cocktails go hand in hand for me – they’re even better when enjoying them with friends and family. That’s what summer means to me, enjoying the simple things with the ones you love.
I love my fruity cocktails, or any cocktails for that matter so this drink fits the bill. The beautiful, bright citrus flavor from the grapefruit paired with the aromatic, earthiness of the basil make this drink certainly special.
What is a Mimosa?
If you’ve never had a mimosa before, you’re in for a treat. It’s usually composed of one part champagne and one part chilled citrus fruit juice. Very simple to make, even easier to drink.
However, my mimosa here packs a bit more champagne than juice and I added a bit of Triple Sec to the mix. Because, why not?
Keep scrolling to the recipe card for full ingredient amounts and instructions or click the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page.
- Prosecco – Any sparkling white wine or Champagne will work.
- Pink Grapefruit Juice – You can use freshly squeezed or store bought.
- Triple Sec – Any orange liqueur you have will work.
- Basil – Chopped. Mint would also work well in this drink. This ingredient is totally optional.
How to make grapefruit Mimosas
The easiest drink to concoct! Only 3 minutes, two steps and it’s ready!
- Mix Ingredients – Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher and pour into chilled glasses.
- Garnish & Serve – Garnish with a red grapefruit slice and/or chopped basil.
How to serve
Serve right away in chilled glasses with whatever garnish tickles your fancy – this is supposed to be a fun drink so have fun with it!! Mimosas use sparkling wine as a base, you’ll want to drink them immediately before they go flat.
More delicious cocktails from my kitchen:
- Grenadine Sunrise
- Pomegranate Cider Mimosas
- Mint Julep
- White Sangria
- Pomegranate Elderflower Spritzers
- Moscow Mule
- Americano Cocktail
- Raspberry Fizz
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
- 750 ml Prosecco (1 bottle) or any sparkling white wine or Champagne
- 2 cups pink grapefruit juice
- 3 tablespoon Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- Mix Ingredients: Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher and pour into chilled glasses.
- Garnish & Serve: Garnish with a red grapefruit slice and/or chopped basil.
- Serve right away in chilled glasses with whatever garnish tickles your fancy – this is supposed to be a fun drink so have fun with it!!
- Mimosas use sparkling wine as a base, you’ll want to drink them immediately before they go flat.