These Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies are rich, moist, totally yummy and full of fall flavors! Perfect for Thanksgiving and all around fall treat!
Yes, it’s pumpkin season and I could not let the season pass without at least one pumpkin recipe, but more may come. I love pumpkin season because I simply love pumpkin. I already have more pumpkin recipes planned so I just hope that I can get around to them.
But for now I give you Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies. I know I recently posted my brownie recipe, but I have to say that these brownies are even better. Just look at that color! These brownies are so fudgy, rich, and if you’re a cheesecake lover like me, these brownies are for you!
These pumpkin brownies consist of two layers. A brownie layer and a pumpkin cheesecake layer. The brownie layer is a pretty basic brownie recipe and the cheesecake layer is made with cream cheese, pumpkin and pumpkin spices.
When you layer this out, for the bottom brownie layer, you only use 2/3 of the batter, leaving you with 1/3 of the batter for the top, in order to make pretty swirls. This step is obviously totally optional, but it’s worth the extra effort because you end up with the most gorgeous brownies.
Baking these brownies takes a little while longer than a regular brownie and that’s because of the cheesecake layer. I strongly recommend waiting for these to cool completely on a rack if you have the patience. However, I prefer to leave mine a bit warm, so that when I serve them with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream, the ice cream starts to melt all over the brownies.
But that’s not enough! If you’re looking for more decadence, you must drizzle them with chocolate sauce and then you can say you’re having the full experience of enjoying these pumpkin brownies. It’s a must.
Make sure you check out the my Brownie Recipe for Tips on Making the Perfect Brownies, they do apply to these brownies as well. 😉
CRAVING MORE BROWNIES? TRY THESE:
- Brownie Recipe
- Halloween Candy Brownies
- Mile High Guinness Brownies with Guinness Buttercream Frosting
- Butterscotch Brownies
- Triple Bypass Brownies
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking oil then line it with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your mixer add melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract and mix well until well combined. Add in the eggs and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the brownie batter, then gradually add them into the butter mixture and mix until well combined and smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and beat it until smooth. Add the rest of the cheesecake batter ingredients and and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Spread about 2/3 of the chocolate batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out with a spatula. Spread the cheesecake batter over the brownie batter. Add remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter by spoonfuls. Swirl the batters together by running a butter knife or a skewer back and forth through the pan.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes (mine took 50 min), or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack and chill before cutting and serving.
- If you want two perfect layers as seen in the photos, when you're swirling with a skewer, make sure you mostly only swirl the top two layers and don't touch the bottom brownie layer.
- Store your leftover brownies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.