Healthier Beef Chili – enjoy this healthier and hearty chili that is super easy to make.
Healthier Beef Chili
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I’m so very thankful to all my loyal readers. It’s because of you that I keep this blog going. I love to read all your comments and I thank you all for all your support.
Since it’s not Thanksgiving in Canada, no turkey roast here, but I do have a hearty chili recipe to share with you that is just to die for! For the longest time I used to be afraid of making chili, but it’s really one of the easiest recipes you can make. You basically throw everything in the pot and then simmer if for about 45 minutes. This would actually be an ideal recipe to make in a slow cooker.
I made this chili a bit healthier by using very little olive oil and lean ground beef. Of course you could always swap the ground beef with ground turkey or chicken for an even healthier chili.
More Great Chili Recipes To Try
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Healthier Beef Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 tablespoon oregano dry
- 2 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 32 ounce kidney beans (2 cans), rinsed and drained
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a dutch oven heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook the onion for a couple minutes until soft and translucent then add the ground beef and cook until beef is browned and no longer pink, on medium high heat.
- Add chipotle peppers, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, oregano, steak sauce, salt, pepper and stir. Add beans, crushed tomatoes and water. Stir well and bring to a boil
- Simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve with shredded cheddar and sour cream.