This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Chili really is as easy as 1 2 3. All you have to do is place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, set it and forget it!
I know I love my slow cooker! I don’t understand why I haven’t used one until recently. Not to worry. I plan on making up for lost time.
I can’t believe how convenient they are. You basically dump all the ingredients in there, turn it on and forget about it for a few hours. When you come back you have this amazingly delicious dish! How can you not love this?
I also have a confession to make. I’m pretty much a chili making virgin. I think I’ve made it once before, mainly because I’ve always been scared of making thinking it was a lot of work. But this chicken chili is literally a walk in the park, nothing to it. The chicken melts in your mouth, it’s really delicious. The great thing about this recipe, is that you can tweak it to what you have in your pantry and use whatever beans you have, chicken breast, tomato soup, whatever you have. You can add more chili powder, skip the Tex Mex seasoning, whatever strikes you fancy. You cannot go wrong with this recipe.
Did I mention it’s pretty healthy too?
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Leave a comment below and rate this recipe or take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 28 ounce red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (I used mild)
- 15 ounce tomato sauce (no salt added )
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Tex Mex seasoning
- 2 pound chicken thighs (boneless and skinless, or chicken breast cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Combine beans, salsa, tomato sauce, chili powder and Tex Mex seasoning in slow cooker. Top with chicken, onions and corn. Do not stir. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours; shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir.
- Serve topped with cheese.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.