Healthy turkey meatballs with marinara sauce for only 250 calories a serving. Perfect for lunch or dinner served over mashed potatoes or pasta.
Yep! Yet another meatball recipe!
I’m sorry, I can’t help it. I love my meatballs. But these meatballs are special. They are healthy turkey meatballs. At only 250 calories including the marinara sauce, it’s a winner for those trying to lose a pound or two. How can you say no to that. Now I like to make things easy on myself and I buy the marinara sauce, because although I love to cook and bake, I don’t like to be stuck in the kitchen all day. However, feel free to make your own marinara sauce as it is super simple.
These meatballs are not fried or baked. I cooked them a bit different this time. Because they are made with ground turkey which really has no fat at all, I wanted these meatballs to not be dry, I still wanted a juicy meatball. So I cooked them in the marinara sauce. They turned out fantastic. Juicy and moist and melt in your mouth good. You won’t miss that pork meatball, trust me.
I served these with my easy skinny mashed potatoes but I also made meatball sandwiches with them. Oh my God, the meatball sandwiches were amazing. So no matter how you serve these, your entire family will enjoy them.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Healthy Turkey Meatballs with Marinara Sauce
- 1.3 lb 500 g lean ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Reggiano Parmigiano cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 large clove garlic crushed
- 1 onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar or 2.5 cups marinara sauce
- Mix all ingredients, minus marinara sauce, together and form into small meatballs. This recipe should make about 30 meatballs.
- In a large pot pour the marinara sauce and gently add the meatballs to it. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to medium low, cover the pot and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve hot.