These luscious Lemon Blueberry and Ricotta Pancakes are made with lemon juice, blueberries, ricotta, salt and vanilla, topped off with maple syrup and butter.
Lemon and blueberries together are two ingredients that make me smile from ear to ear. When the two are paired together, well let’s just say that delicious things happen and it totally warms the cockles of my heart! It even takes such a simple recipe as pancakes and amplifies it to the nth degree. And then when you add ricotta in that mix, well let’s just end this now because you’ll just have to try these pancakes to believe me. I was going for nice thick and fluffy pancakes loaded with blueberries and loads of lemon flavor so that when you take a bite into one, you get a burst of blueberries enveloped by lemon flavor, maple syrup, and a touch of butter.
I am a pancake person, not going to lie to you, I can have pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and I have. I love all breakfast food, probably because most breakfasts include bacon, and well we all know how I feel about bacon. That’s fine, relax, I did not add bacon to these pancakes, but if you wanted to add a side of bacon when serving these, who am I to argue with you, as a matter of fact you might become my BFF.
If tomorrow morning you find yourself brewing a hot pot of coffee and wonder what to have for breakfast then try these. What better way to start your weekend then with these fluffy pancakes? Now you have a reason to go shopping, buy some blueberries, some gorgeous lemons and ricotta cheese. If you find yourself with leftover ricotta and aren’t sure what to do with it, add a bit of cocoa powder to it, a bit of sugar and just eat it like that. It’s really good, trust me.
Try these amazing breakfast recipes if you loved this one!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Lemon Blueberry and Ricotta Pancakes
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the vanilla extract, milk, eggs, ricotta cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and gently whisk until well incorporated. Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour about half a ladle onto a medium hot griddle and cook for 3 minutes, until the edges start to firm up. Flip the pancakes and finish cooking for another 1 to 2 minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and butter.