Margarita Cake – a moist and super delicious way to use up your cake mix to make something really fabulous.
Oh well, Christmas is now over. As soon as it came, it’s now gone. We spent some time at Christmas with my sister and her family, who have been sick with a cold and flu for quite a bit now and sure enough I ended up getting sick from them too now. So here I am sitting in my PJs, with a super scratchy throat and so congested that I can’t breathe through my nose anymore, surrounded by cough syrups, lozenges, hot teas and napkins. What a way to end the year with.
But before I got really sick, I did manage to make this margarita cake, which I truly think is my grown up cake because of all the alcohol in it. And before you ask me if you can skip the alcohol in this cake, I would suggest to you to find another recipe, because this cake is really all about the booze. This cake truly is like eating a margarita, but in a cake form.
It really does have all the ingredients of a margarita, the triple sec and loads of tequila. So this cake, my friends, this is what I would make for an adult New Year’s Eve party. This is my adult cake. You also have triple sec and tequila in that amazing glaze as well, which I believe makes the cake.
I chose to make my cake in this adorable mini bundt pan, which ended up making 6 of the cutest pretty little cakes ever.
The recipe will make enough batter to fully fill 6 mini bundt cakes. If you spray plenty of oil on each bundt insert you will have no problems getting the cakes out. All I had to do basically is place a cutting board over the top of the bundt pan, flip it over and the cakes just easily fell out.
But these mini cakes are all about the glaze. I wish I had some limes for the lime zest, I think it would have given these mini cakes a gorgeous green color, but I was out. All I had left was Meyer lemons which I love and were perfect here in this cake. So dig in my adult friends, this cake’s for you.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon triple sec
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 1/4 teaspoon zest of a lime
- 1 tablespoon line juice
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees and grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, lemonade, water, eggs, triple sec and tequila and mix for 5 min at medium speed.
- Pour the batter in the bundt pan and bake for 45 min to an hour or until done, use a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean, it's done. While the cake is baking, you can make the glaze, so basically add all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk them well, if it needs to be a bit thicker, just add more powdered sugar. Let the cake cool on a wire rack for a few minutes, about 10 minutes, and then remove it from the bundt pan and let it cool completely.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and you've got yourself a yummy yummy margarita cake.
What you’ll need: