Last updated on July 31st, 2018 at 03:30 pm
This incredible Pound Cake with Strawberry Glaze is rich and dense, yet light with a slight touch of lemon, then drizzled with a delicious sweet and easy to make glaze.
Do you guys realize that Mother’s day is two weeks away? But don’t worry because I have the perfect pound cake to make for your mom, with this to die for strawberry glaze. So here’s the thing, this isn’t your old-school pound cake, with a pound of butter, a pound of sugar, eggs and flour, but close. There’s butter, sugar, eggs and flour here but different quantities and some other ingredients like sour cream and lemon zest and lemon juice, which I love because it gives this cake a slight lemon flavor which goes great with this strawberry glaze.
I chose to make this pound cake in a bundt pan simply because I love my bundt pans and I try and use them every chance I get, but you could use a bread pan if you wish or whatever pan you prefer. But I do think this cake looks way prettier in a bundt pan.
But this cake is really all about that strawberry glaze. Not only does it give this cake a gorgeous color but it gives it that amazing strawberry flavor. And let’s be serious, what’s a pound cake if it’s not loaded with glaze and fruits. Pretty boring, right? Well not this cake. Now you will have some leftover glaze, but don’t worry about it, just do what I do. Drizzle some more over every slice you serve and top it with more strawberries and whipped cream.
Oh yeah, I did top my cake with more strawberries just to make it look prettier, but seriously this is about the extent of my cake decorating skills.
While most strawberries glazes call for pressing the mixture through a fine mesh to remove the seeds, forget about it. Just put everything in a blender and there won’t be anymore seeds, you’ll get a nice and smooth glaze. Now if you’re counting calories and look at all that sugar in this cake, well don’t worry, it’s for a special occasion and look a slice is only 319 calories. I’m sure we can fit that in there somewhere. Besides, if it’s for Mother’s day, then no counting calories on that special day.
Try these fantastic cakes if you love this recipe!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Pound Cake with Strawberry Glaze
For Bundt Cake
For Strawberry Glaze
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 10 or 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer beat together the butter, sugar and vegetable oil on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix for another 30 seconds or until well incorporated. Add the vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, sour cream, milk and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixer bowl and mix until all the flour is well incorporated into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 15 minutes before removing from pan, then continue cooling on a wire rack or serving plate.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the strawberry glaze. In a saucepan, add all the strawberry glaze ingredients, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat, to medium low and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Pour the strawberry mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let the glaze cool completely before drizzling over the cake. If you like you can top the pound cake with additional strawberries.