This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Glazed Pulled Chicken – this is probably the most tender and delicious chicken you’ll ever have. Perfect for tacos, burritos, quesadillas or sandwiches!
Well I finally did it!
I broke down and bought a slow cooker. I never saw a need for one. I used to have one a few years ago and never used it, so I got rid of it. However, people have been emailing me for years now asking me if I have any slow cooker recipes and I always felt bad saying I don’t even own a slow cooker, so no slow cooker recipes here.
But it was time, so I bought a real cheap one, I thought I’d give it a try and see what comes out of it. All I can say is this, I am so glad I bought one. See this pulled chicken right here? It’s out of this world!
This pulled chicken here is so tender, pulls apart so easily, and tastes so heavenly. Why did I choose chicken for my first dish? I wanted to try something easy, and something that wouldn’t require 8 hours of cooking time. I wanted something easy, something delicious, and usually you can’t go wrong with chicken. I was right!
This is probably the best chicken I’ve ever tasted, and it’s not even chicken breast, I used chicken thighs, so not only do you have a fabulous chicken, but it’s pretty cheap to make too. So if you’re like me and can’t see the need for a slow cooker, listen to me my friends. This chicken here is worth it. It might just be the best chicken you’ll ever eat!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Glazed Pulled Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1 tsp tarragon dried
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together tarragon, salt, pepper and water. Pour over chicken. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
- After 2 1/2 hours, mix the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the mixture starts thickening. It should start to thicken as soon as it comes to a boil.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker and toss, so that the chicken is covered in the sauce thoroughly.
- Cook for an additional hour in the slow cooker on low.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker into a big bowl and carefully pull it apart using two forks.
- Serve warm with remaining glaze on the side, if preferred.