This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are healthy and delicious and perfect for breakfast or brunch made with fresh strawberries and bananas.
Now that’s a mouthful, strawberry banana chocolate chip muffins. And that is a delicious mouthful. Strawberry season is here. So I keep buying strawberries, they are so good and so sweet. However, most of the time we forget to eat them, same thing with bananas, and I don’t want them to go bad, so I always end up baking something. These strawberry banana chocolate chip muffins are so scrumptious and yummy, I love having these for breakfast, or even as a snack. Baking muffins or banana breads is the easiest thing in the world. You don’t need a mixer, you just mix everything by hand.
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Place paper liners in the bottoms of you muffin tray. If you don’t have paper liners, just oil or butter the muffin tray well, so the muffins don’t stick.
First you need to clean your strawberries and cut them in small pieces.
The next thing is to get all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. You’ll need to add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, chocolate chips and strawberries to the bowl.
Mix all the dry ingredients together well using a spoon or spatula.
Next we need to get the wet ingredients ready. In a medium bowl, mash two bananas using a fork or a potato masher.
To this bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and butter.
Whisk all the wet ingredients together and you should end up with a goo looking like this:
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients.
Slowly mix the wet mixture into the flour mixture, but don’t over mix.
Doesn’t it look good already, you can see bits of strawberries, and bits of bananas and of course the yummy chocolate chips. Use a spoon and spoon a big heaping spoon into each muffin liner. This should be more than enough for 12 muffins.
Such little jewels. They look gorgeous. Put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. To make sure they are done, stick a toothpick in one of the muffins and it should come out clean.
Look at them, they are spectacular and wasn’t that super easy to make.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter the muffin tray, or use muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, strawberries and chocolate chips and mix together.
- In another medium bowl, mash the bananas using a for or potato masher.
- To the bananas add the eggs, melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract and whisk everything together.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and slowly mix the went mixture into the flour mixture. Don't over mix.
- Spoon a large spoonful of the batter into each muffin liner.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until baked through. You can test it by sticking a toothpick into a muffin and it should come out clean.