This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sip on the taste of summer with this fruity and invigorating Strawberry Lemonade! Bursting with the tanginess of lemons and the sweetness of strawberry puree, this vibrant pink drink is the ultimate thirst quencher on hot summer days. Whether you’re lounging by the pool or throwing a backyard barbecue, this refreshing drink is guaranteed to be a hit!
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
Imagine taking a big pitcher of already delicious classic lemonade and infusing it with the essence of perfectly ripe, fresh sweet strawberries! Well, that’s exactly what we’ve done here. This strawberry lemonade recipe is a delightful fruity twist on the classic, bursting with the zesty goodness of tart lemons and the irresistible sweetness of strawberries.
But it doesn’t stop at the incredible tart and fruity taste. This recipe is both simple to make and super easy to customize. Whether you’re looking for a refreshing companion on scorching summer days, a surefire hit for a kid’s birthday party, or a base for crafting fancy adult cocktails, this strawberry lemonade has got you covered. With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a pitcher of this vibrant and invigorating drink ready to impress.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Lemonade
- Tangy and Refreshing! Made with juicy tart lemons and sweet strawberries, this delicious drink showcases the beauty of using fresh fruit. Each refreshing sip is bursting with the perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavor.
- Quick and Easy! Say goodbye to store-bought lemonade and all those additives! This homemade strawberry lemonade requires just a handful of simple ingredients and a few easy steps. In a matter of minutes, you can have a pitcher of this drink ready to enjoy.
- Versatile Beverage! Whether you’re having a picnic, enjoying a relaxing afternoon, or entertaining, this lemonade is a crowd-pleaser. You can serve it as a family-friendly option or add a splash of vodka or tequila for a grown-up twist.
- Strawberries – For the best sweet fruity flavor, use fresh ripe strawberries. If needed, you can also use frozen strawberries that have been thawed.
- Lemons – Gives the lemonade its refreshing zing! Always use freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can also experiment with a combination of fresh lemons and limes to make strawberry limeade.
- Granulated Sugar – Used to sweeten the drink and balance the tartness of the lemons. However, you can substitute the granulated sugar with a natural sweetener like honey or agave.
- Water – Serves as the base of the drink. Sparkling water can be used to make the drink fizzy.
- Ice Cubes – Makes the lemonade extra cold and refreshing.
- Fresh Mint – Used to garnish the drink and add a touch of cool and invigorating flavor. Fresh basil is another good option.
- Strawberries – This is optional.
- Lemon slices – Also optional but they look great and add a little bit of extra lemon flavor.
Just like my fruity Mango Lemonade, this strawberry-infused lemonade is simple to make! With just a handful of ingredients and a blender, you’ll be well on your way to sipping on the delightful taste of tart and tangy strawberry bliss in no time!
The first thing you need to do is blend your strawberries. Add the chopped fresh strawberries to a blender or food processor and then puree them until they are smooth. This strawberry puree is what makes the drink!
Once you’ve blended the strawberries, add the strawberry puree, fresh lemon juice, sugar, and water to a large pitcher. Then stir the mixture well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Now, give the lemonade a taste and adjust the sweetness or tartness according to your taste. If you prefer it sweeter, add a bit more sugar. For more tang, squeeze in a little extra lemon juice.
After you’ve perfected the taste of your lemonade, put the pitcher in the fridge and let it chill for at least an hour. This gives the drink time to get even colder and for the flavors to become more intense as they meld together.
Then when ready, pour the strawberry lemonade into glasses filled with ice. Now, garnish each glass with some sliced lemon, a strawberry, and a sprig of fresh mint, and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use other berries?
Yes! Feel free to experiment with blueberries or raspberries if you like! You can even make mixed berry lemonade.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Absolutely! Just make sure to thaw them before making the strawberry puree.
Is strawberry lemonade just pink lemonade?
No, they are different. Strawberry lemonade combines fresh strawberries with tart lemon juice, while pink lemonade gets its color from red food dye or fruit juices like cranberry or raspberry.
- Use fresh ripe strawberries. Choose plump and vibrant red berries that are sweet and juicy for the best results.
- Soften your lemons. Roll your lemons on the counter while applying pressure to them. This trick makes extracting all their juice easier.
- Adjust the sweetness. If you prefer it sweeter, add a bit more sugar. For a less sweet version, reduce the amount of sugar or use a sugar substitute like stevia.
- Make spiked lemonade. For a grown-up twist, add a splash of your favorite spirit like vodka, tequila, or rum to transform the strawberry lemonade into a refreshing cocktail.
- Make popsicles with leftovers. Pour any remaining strawberry lemonade into popsicle molds and freeze them for a refreshing frozen treat.
You can store strawberry lemonade for up to 5 days in the fridge. It’s also possible to freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Just let it thaw out overnight in the fridge.
Other Delicious Drinks You’ll Enjoy
- sliced lemons
- fresh mint
- In a blender or food processor, puree the chopped strawberries until smooth.
- In a large pitcher, combine the strawberry puree, freshly squeezed lemon juice, sugar, and water. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Taste the lemonade and adjust the sweetness or tartness as needed by adding more sugar or lemon juice.
- Chill the lemonade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice cubes and pour the strawberry lemonade over the ice. Garnish with sliced lemons and strawberries, if desired.
- Adjust sweetness: Depending on how sweet your strawberries are, you may want to adjust the amount of sugar. Start with less, then taste and add more if needed.
- Fresh is best: For the most flavorful lemonade, use freshly squeezed lemon juice. Bottled juice just doesn’t compare!
- Serve chilled: This lemonade is best served very cold. You can make it ahead of time and chill in the fridge, or serve over plenty of ice.
- Garnish: For an extra touch, garnish with fresh mint leaves or a slice of lemon. Not only does it look pretty, it adds an extra layer of flavor.
- Make it fizzy: Want to turn this into a fizzy drink? Replace some of the water with club soda for a bubbly twist!
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.