This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Thai Chicken Bites – bite size pieces of fried chicken drizzled with sweet red chili sauce, they’ll be gone before you can say yum!
A few months ago I discovered Frank’s hot sauce. Yep, I know they’ve been around for awhile now but I am not one that likes spicy food so that Tabasco sauce was hardly ever used. But I’ve been seeing the commercials on TV and thought they were cute so I bought it. To my pleasant surprise I really liked it, it taste so much better than Tabasco. I also noticed that they have many different kinds of hot sauces so we got a few different types of bottles. One of these bottles I got was this sweet red chili sauce.
I love it! I love it so much that I thought it would be perfect for these chicken bites. I was right.
If you love fried chicken, you’ll love these Thai chicken bites. These bites make a perfect appetizer or snack. They will not last long at all, trust me.
They are so good, they are crisp, full of flavor, and you’ll want lots of this sweet chili sauce on them. Now of course you can use different types of sweet red chili sauce on them, it doesn’t have to be Frank’s.
Whenever I make these at home, they are gone within 5 minutes, needless to say it drives my dog crazy. Fried chicken? Her favorite snack.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- Over medium heat, heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Whisk together the flour, garlic powder, egg, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, until well incorporated. It will be a pretty thick batter.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the batter one at a time and place into the frying pan, do not overcrowd. Fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain.
- Transfer the chicken bites onto another plate and drizzle with sweet red chili sauce.
- Garnish with chives if preferred.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.